J&J shot

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Got the J&J shot yesterday. Most of the day was good, but around 9pm, i got a fever, felt like i was going to vomit and my head was pounding. Got 0 sleep. Feeling better now, just tired (from no sleep I'm sure).... Wasnt going to get the shot, but, decided to just because i'd like to get a life again... Husband got his early when they gave them to firemen. He survived, all our parents survived, just decided it was time to just do it....

I had no side effects from my 1st Moderna. I got the second dose Thursday. I was very lethargic and had a mild fever yesterday. Today I am back to normal (for me anyway). Drink plenty of fluids, it helps with the symptoms. But because you felt the way you did, it shows that the vaccine is working and your immune system kicked in.

My cell phone reception also improved and now I see the Microsoft logo in my peripheral vision all the time.;)

I'm back to normal... but i bet i sleep good tonight. I heard every chime of our grandfather clock last night, nothing makes time seem an eternity than every 15 min getting announced.. Yes, i'm glad i had a good response, although, hope next year its not so bad. Might make me think twice before getting it.

Got the J&J shot yesterday. Most of the day was good, but around 9pm, i got a fever, felt like i was going to vomit and my head was pounding. Got 0 sleep. Feeling better now, just tired (from no sleep I'm sure).... Wasnt going to get the shot, but, decided to just because i'd like to get a life again... Husband got his early when they gave them to firemen. He survived, all our parents survived, just decided it was time to just do it....
I got the J&J on Wednesday. As a teacher, I could have gotten a vaccination a couple months ago. I wasn't that crazy about it in the beginning, but like you, I just decided to get it.

I got it Wednesday around 12:30 and felt fine the rest of the day. I woke up at 2:30 Thursday morning and felt wide awake. I didn't feel sick, but oddly wide awake. I finally got up shortly after three. I had no fever during the day on Thursday, and wouldn't say I was sick, but I felt draggy as if I had just recovered from being sick. Shortly after going to bed Thursday night, I had a slight fever of 99.6 and felt a bit chilly. When I got up Friday morning, I felt fine and have been back to normal since.

Seems like if you contracted it, you'd have better/more antibodies than the vaccine provides. That's the part of all this, I'm not understanding.
Surprisingly, that's not the case:

So you weren't able to have a life without it? Looks like it would of been a good opportunity for you to do your own test.....those with the shot and you without.....and see how everybody fared.
My momma told me when i was just a little boy that because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean that I should do it. Were you being pressured?
What are you going to do if everybody decides its time to go jump off a bridge?
Next year they may do away with the vaccines and just have everybody run thru a gauntlet with 20 or 30 people lined up up with clubs and sticks. I'm sure a lot of of people will still line up for it.

So you weren't able to have a life without it? Looks like it would of been a good opportunity for you to do your own test.....those with the shot and you without.....and see how everybody fared.
My momma told me when i was just a little boy that because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean that I should do it. Were you being pressured?
What are you going to do if everybody decides its time to go jump off a bridge?
Next year they may do away with the vaccines and just have everybody run thru a gauntlet with 20 or 30 people lined up up with clubs and sticks. I'm sure a lot of of people will still line up for it.
First off, i'm not a nonvaxer.. I believe in them, had many and seen how they save lives.. Second, i have a life, have the whole pandemic... But i've also had 4 friends my age die of it. I'm lucky that i dont have to be around a lot of people, i rarely ever get sick because i dont get exposed to things. But i do have grandkids now, i now get a flu shot so, this covid one was free... what the heck. Its nice to not worry about it now..

First off, i'm not a nonvaxer.. I believe in them, had many and seen how they save lives.. Second, i have a life, have the whole pandemic... But i've also had 4 friends my age die of it. I'm lucky that i dont have to be around a lot of people, i rarely ever get sick because i dont get exposed to things. But i do have grandkids now, i now get a flu shot so, this covid one was free... what the heck. Its nice to not worry about it now..
There will be mutant variants that current vaccines can't touch. Hang in there.

It appears we should have checked with the experts here before taking action.

There will be mutant variants that current vaccines can't touch. Hang in there.
But from what i gather, the vaccine isnt made from the virus like the flu vaccine is and others, its made to identify a protein thats covering the virus. Its a lot like the sars vaccine, they worked off that one, the reason they got it out so quick. So as long as the variant is covered in this protein, it should work. My only question with this method of using this 'protein' as the target, is that protein anywhere else in our bodies.. But, i would guess they'd know this...i hope. I was saved by a vaccine that i'm guessing isnt well tested because not many get it. I got the rabies vaccine for use after exposure. It was huge and we had to have 2 of them. I did not get rabies, but i surely would have if i didnt get that vaccine. We shoot up our animals with vaccines. We stopped many diseases with vaccines... not sure why some people are so against them. I just dont like the part of having to go somewhere around people i dont know to get the shot... wished i could just order it and do it myself..

But from what i gather, the vaccine isnt made from the virus like the flu vaccine is and others, its made to identify a protein thats covering the virus. Its a lot like the sars vaccine, they worked off that one, the reason they got it out so quick. So as long as the variant is covered in this protein, it should work. My only question with this method of using this 'protein' as the target, is that protein anywhere else in our bodies.. But, i would guess they'd know this...i hope. I was saved by a vaccine that i'm guessing isnt well tested because not many get it. I got the rabies vaccine for use after exposure. It was huge and we had to have 2 of them. I did not get rabies, but i surely would have if i didnt get that vaccine. We shoot up our animals with vaccines. We stopped many diseases with vaccines... not sure why some people are so against them. I just dont like the part of having to go somewhere around people i dont know to get the shot... wished i could just order it and do it myself..
They know. More importantly, the immune system knows, and the impact of the vaccine proves it.

What would happen if the protein were a normal, essential part of a healthy person? In most people the vaccine just wouldn't work. The immune system would recognize the protein as part of itself, and ignore it. In some, it would cause autoimmune disease, where the immune system attacks the body. This would not take long to appear if it were going to happen, and it certainly would have been obvious by now with millions of people vaccinated.

IF you opt to be vaccinated Its recommended you eat a meal and be super hydrated (Drink lots of water) a few hours before your scheduled appointment. Got my 1st Moderna vac yesterday and injection site isn't sore & zilch side affects.

They know. More importantly, the immune system knows, and the impact of the vaccine proves it.

What would happen if the protein were a normal, essential part of a healthy person? In most people the vaccine just wouldn't work. The immune system would recognize the protein as part of itself, and ignore it. In some, it would cause autoimmune disease, where the immune system attacks the body. This would not take long to appear if it were going to happen, and it certainly would have been obvious by now with millions of people vaccinated.
Yes, logic spoke to me and i walked in and got the shot.. I thought it genius though to use something other than the actual virus.. I think these will and have evolved into ways to fight other things.. I've heard of immunotherapy for cancer, i'm guessing it works similar, but, thats just me guessing. I have no idea.

this covid one was free...
LOL - yup - free - free - free
if you don't count the billions spent by operation warp speed, in payments to several manufacturers for research and development or the payments of $15-$20 per dose landed afterwards.

Then again USA never pays down national debt and federal reserve just fires up the presses to print out more and more money and just puts it on our tab.
So yeah, if ya never pay your bills I guess it really is Free.

Last edited:
I stand to be corrected, but I don't think the J&J vaccine is a mRNA vaccine. I think it's a viral vector vaccine. Not sure what that actually means though.

Latest posts