Ivomec Injection-Expiration

Help Support CattleToday:

SteppedInIt

Reaction score
This year I layed off spring worming because I believe all the dung beetles have been killed. I have used the Ivermectin pour on the last two years in Spring/Fall. Pasture was unusually full of cow pies last year and this year too. It appears I am finally getting some activity as pies are finally disappearing again. All of my cattle have done really well except one yearling heifer. I have a bottle of Ivomec injectable that is approx. 2 years old. I don't see anything about expiration. Wondering if I use this or should I buy new? Another note, this bottle has been riding around in my truck quite a bit this summer in high temps. I think I am going to worm the one heifer, feed and cull her.

The last bottle that I bought has a date of June 2018, so as far as date goes you're *probably* safe. That being said, without a legible expiry, I'm pretty sure you legally have to dispose of it. As for sun and heat, I don't think it's particularly susceptible to degradation but it surely hasn't helped it. I'd buy a $10 small bottle of pour on and use on her or something

What part of SE Texas are you in? And how short did your grass get? You should probably be hitting them with some kind of flukicide at least once a year, if you live anywhere east of 77 for sure.

Latest posts