Ivermectin IM

Help Support CattleToday:

Onthebit

Reaction score
If ivermectin gets in the muscle what if anything will happen? The bottle says subcutaneous injection only. I am asking cause I may have accidently shot the last 1/3 IM.

Mostly tissue damage will result it is hard to get that thick stuff in a muscle
Now the pour on if you dose yourself pretty good will make you kinda queasy and have a headache for a few days but done in the spring ticks don't bother you none all summer
Don't ask how I know this

Angus Cowman":3uchrrbc said:
Now the pour on if you dose yourself pretty good will make you kinda queasy and have a headache for a few days but done in the spring ticks don't bother you none all summer

OK I'll bite!! :lol:

Trick is to use the gun that you get for free when you buy the product!! Works slick! :lol:

As for injecting the animal the withdrawl time will be longer. You need to check with your vet incase this animal is destined for slaughter in the near future.
Any change in administering any drug will change the withdrawl time, and not for the better!

Onthebit":3i5g2gjs said:
Angus Cowman":3i5g2gjs said:

OK I'll bite!! :lol:

hose came off the pour on gun and I got it all down my back
Sure didn't feel very well for a few days

Onthebit":2ewztba4 said:
A Gun? I am in Ontario, and I don't have a gun...............just a bottle, needles and syringes!

They do not automatically give you the gun, you have to ask for it. It is free if you buy larger than the one litre. Since we always buy from the vet, she always puts a gun in our box of goodies. Now i have a stack of guns for the ivermec.
Angus Cowman":2ewztba4 said:
hose came off the pour on gun and I got it all down my back
Sure didn't feel very well for a few days

We hang the bottle and gun on the squeeze chute. Makes for easy dosing and safe cause we to have dumped it on ourselves.

Angus Cowman":2j5rq6nm said:
Onthebit":2j5rq6nm said:
A Gun? I am in Ontario, and I don't have a gun...............just a bottle, needles and syringes!
The gun is for the pour on not the injectable

Actually they make guns for both, its usually just the adaptor that differs.

I use about 2-5 liter bottles a year so I do have a gun. Buying it in the larger size usually is much cheaper. It works well on cows and larger calves but on smaller calves I pump it into a smaller dosage bottle so I can get the small amount I need. This is when I get it on me.

Latest posts