IT'S TIME--the college championship game discussion

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
A week from today--Buckeyes vs Ducks in Dallas for all the marbles.

Ohio defense is going to be a different look than Oregon has seen in the last few games, is a tougher defense altogether and Cardale Jones is a lot bigger threat than Jameis Winston was--Jones is more mature, has more discipline, and Oregon will have to be on it's toes and bring their best game. Urban Meyer is a good coach, he'll have the buckeyes ready.

I agree fully with the following analysis, but..........
Oregon and Ohio State advanced to the Playoff despite early season defeats — the Ducks at home to Arizona on Oct. 2, the Buckeyes on the road to Virginia Tech on Sept. 6. The Ducks have dealt with injuries along their offensive line, at wide receiver and at cornerback; the Buckeyes are down to Cardale Jones, their third-string quarterback, and were blindsided by the death of teammate Kosta Karageorge in late November.

On defense, however, Ohio State will test Oregon's offensive productivity despite not being overly complex, Grasu said.

"They're the most talented defensive line we've faced all season long," he said. "The most talented defense. They've got some young guys in there who can really play. They're just very active.

"They won't quit on a play. Florida State, they'd stop after one move. These guys, they won't quit on a play."

Ohio State also holds an advantage unshared by Florida State, which collapsed under Oregon's tempo in the third quarter of the Rose Bowl: Unlike the Seminoles — and even Alabama, which struggled against Ohio State — the Buckeyes' defense is accustomed to the Ducks' pace, thanks to daily practices against its own offense.
......I still pick Oregon. I think their coach is equal to Meyer, and Mariota is every bit as good as Jones provided he has a little time, and I think Oregon's O line will be able to do it.

Go Ducks!

Going to be a different look entirely for the Ducks--no green.

ncf_champ_unis_jv_400x600.jpg

I'll comment on the rest later after I digest it with more time. The uni's are okay, but really no duck colors, green and yellow .... Not green and gold. But with all their choices of uni's I even forget the school colors sometimes. I will say urban and the bucks scare me, but I worry every game.

I'm certainly no expert on anything but Stanford I'd think would be very similar to OSU.

Oregon 45......Stanford 16 :nod:

TexasBred":1qz87gvb said:
I'm certainly no expert on anything but Stanford I'd think would be very similar to OSU.

Oregon 45......Stanford 16 :nod:
I hope for a lot closer game than that.

When Urban Meyer was with ESPN he spent some time at Oregon which started out as an interview of Chip Kelly. The two became friends which resulted in more time with the Ducks and watching practices. Now was back in 2011 and some has changed since then, but he knows our system very well and without a doubt the best qualified out of the other three teams (FSU, OSU, Bama) to be prepared for the speed and tempo.

OSU is big, but they do run somewhat of a spread offense, plus even though he's third string the QB is what, about 250 lbs.

Should be close.

Also I find it humorous that oregon's uni's for the game is causing problems for some of our dumber fans, some fans are having a fit there is no green or yellow. Me they can play in pajamas as long as they win.

I thought they been playing in pajamas the whole season.
:lol2: :lol2:

I do kinda see the fans' point tho--the possibility of jinxing themselves because of a change from what has "worked"--kinda like some baseball players won't change socks if the pitch a great game. Sports fans are really strange sometimes.

Unless you are putting money on the game there is no reason for discussion.
It will all be decided on the field.

I just hope the refs don't insert themselves too much and let them play.
It's very unsatisfying for both teams if outcome is influenced by refs rather than the teams.

Son of Butch":14vhapyw said:
It will all be decided on the field

I guess I missed that memo at the beginning of the season, but we'll keep it in mind next season. Thanks for the reminder.

greybeard":3azbwjg4 said:
Son of Butch":3azbwjg4 said:

I guess I missed that memo at the beginning of the season, but we'll keep it in mind next season. Thanks for the reminder.

Nope, no bets this time. Half of my stress watching the FSU game was thinking about have to post a pic of me in a FSU shirt.

Pac 12 and Big 10 did a good thing though, they are giving the families of every traveling player $1200 to help cover travel expensives for the second game, they'll do the same thing for the final four in basketball, although I think it's men's only.

greybeard":2odu3fff said:
Son of Butch":2odu3fff said:

Yeah, just drop that in the suggestion box for later consideration. Some games I'd wager on but not this one. Last odds I saw had the over under at 75 and Oregon by 7. I'd rate either bet a tossup.

Alan":b4z6mjii said:
greybeard":b4z6mjii said:
Son of Butch":b4z6mjii said:

Nope, no bets this time. Half of my stress watching the FSU game was thinking about have to post a pic of me in a FSU shirt.

Pac 12 and Big 10 did a good thing though, they are giving the families of every traveling player $1200 to help cover travel expensives for the second game, they'll do the same thing for the final four in basketball, although I think it's men's only.
If a Big 12 team had made it this far, I'd bet the Univ of Texas would have pitched a fit at the conference giving away that much $$--and probably would have told 'em to take a bus and a sack lunch.

Alan":27htmsqk said:
greybeard":27htmsqk said:
Son of Butch":27htmsqk said:

Will that cover the cost of another tattoo ??? :lol:

greybeard":3ircfu2e said:
If a Big 12 team had made it this far, I'd bet the Univ of Texas would have pitched a fit at the conference giving away that much $$--and probably would have told 'em to take a bus and a sack lunch.
"UT" players wouldn't take that kind of pay cut to play for a championship anywhere.

Wasn't it Ohio state players trading merchandise for tats? :lol: I should be clear they don't get $1200 they get reimbursed for up to $1200. So I guess if you had crab legs for a meal that would be covered! Oh that's right he's not playing. :shock: :hide: :hide:

Alan":31lji3xl said:
Wasn't it Ohio state players trading merchandise for tats? :lol: I should be clear they don't get $1200 they get reimbursed for up to $1200. So I guess if you had crab legs for a meal that would be covered! Oh that's right he's not playing. :shock: :hide: :hide:
:lol: :lol: Uh ohhhhhh

Alan":1ff1ueqh said:

YEA yea yea , he declared for the NFL this morning. In a perfect world he will be drafted by greybeards NFL team.

Probably the best thing could happen to him too. JJ Watts is known for taking mouthy over confident rookies down a few notches--even the ones on his own team.
He'll end up a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tho-he probably already has a skrong fan base there around Tampa and he'll fit right in with that rape, rampage, & Pirate booty thing.