IT'S SNOWING!!! And its APRIL!!! Almost MAY!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

iowafarmer

Reaction score
It is the end of april and 5 days away from May and it is snowing and they are talking1-3 inches of snow. # days ago we had 70 degree weather and i got sunburned last saturday. This is rediculouse. I so sick of this cold wet weather we are getting this year. I had a nice farmers tan started for the girls to dig but thsi is rediculouse. It is not supposed to snow this late in the year. We could have better calved in Febuary. Maybe a little colder but probably less snow than we have gotten in march and April during calving season. Last year we had some 90 degree days already. I guess i jsut needed to rant and rave becuase its still snowing.

Our rained turned into snow about an hour ago.....
I really don't like it here. :frowns:

i seen on the weather this morning where iowa an mn was getting dumped on pretty good.late snows arnt that good for growing grass.

Pretty nasty here too. Although we didn't get as much snow (yet?) that was predicted. The rains of the past two days on top of already saturated ground has us in a flood warning. The Mississippi is over the banks in the lower areas and I imagine will rise some more.

All I can say is I feel for you . Just went through a week of blizzards and bitter cold temperatures ,second day in a row now that we have had no snow and the sun is shining.

Hang in there everyone ,even though it will feel like forever the "spring" weather is coming.
Stay safe and dry and may all your babies stay healthy.

hillsdown":2tg788ev said:
may all your babies stay healthy.
Was outside when the rain was turning to snow ~ about 2:30 a.m. maybe. First thing I thought was how glad I was babies are still tucked in their momma's bellies. :nod: I am thinking the chicks are trying to crawl back into the eggs. :( Sun is shining but, dang, that wind is COLD!! Is below freezing yet.

Well we didn't get much for snow. Had some where around an inch when i woke up this morning. I guess we got by pretty lucky since it sounds like you people in minnesota and south dakota got hammered. I heard parts of South Dakota had 12 to 14 inches of snow. ITs miserable though. Some guys were planting corn on wednesday cause it was 70 degrees and they have a lot of acres to get done.

Saturday morning we ended up with around 5" of the white stuff! Wind blowing to beat the band. By 7pm sun was out trying to melt the crap. Roads were shut down yesterday, travel was treacherous as we had 2" of rain before the snow started. I do hope that spring will come before the 4th of july!

Well, :help: our third major blizzard this April. Some places 18 inches, we got lucky 14 or so. The wind piled it up pretty good, travel was near impossible. As for me :shock: I'm not having fun anymore, tired out, need a nap. :cowboy:

iowafarmer":2urjtdh1 said:
It is the end of april and 5 days away from May and it is snowing and they are talking1-3 inches of snow. # days ago we had 70 degree weather and i got sunburned last saturday.

Well, it's good to know we are not the only one's getting snow. :lol: The way it was coming down last night, I expected to wake up to 2 or 3 inches this morning. Thankfully, that didn't happen. We did get a pretty good frost out of the deal, though. That's always helpful when fields have taken off good. :(