It's Raining

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuck

Reaction score
Woo Hoo. Been more like August than June here lately. First half hour or so was horizontal water, now has settled down to a nice summer thunderstorm. Don't have a George Jetson rain gauge like Chuckie does :lol: so don't know how much we got yet.

Watch out now!! :lol: First let me say, congratulations on the rain. That is a good feeling to see it coming down. I am ready for another round myself. I hope it pulls what ever seed you have planted out of the ground and makes your pastures grow. I have to admit that I have really enjoyed that rain gauge. Now to really make you green, :roll: I have one of those atomic clocks that project the time and outside tempature on the ceiling over the bed. I open my eyes and there it is. At first I thought it was kinda red neck, (still do) but the first one broke and I went and bought another one. I gave one to my parents and both of my brothers for Christmas. They laughed at first, but now they said if it ever goes out, they would replace it. :D

10" in the last week and now they tell me there is some tropical weather on the way. TD#1 is showing it's ugly face already. Seems like an omen to us Floridians.

Crowderfarms":r2inl5di said:
It's rained circles all around us. We're pretty darned dry here. We could use a good "Frog Strangler" here.

Here too. We got a half inch the other day. As soon as I said we had been getting regular rain in reply to Caustic the other week, our rain quit. :(

so dry here that the fish are stirring up a big dust cloud traveling up stream in the evening and also so dry that we have frogs 2/3 grown that don't know how to swim yet

Got a serious storm that just blew in here tonight. Thunder, light show, the whole works. Got 3 days of tolerable weather and managed to get some dry hay made but not near enough. The hay fields are getting a little too mature for my likeing. But with rain every other day, makes it difficult. :mad:

Chuckie":l2dlh04m said:
Now to really make you green, :roll: I have one of those atomic clocks that project the time and outside tempature on the ceiling over the bed.
Chuckie, where did you get that clock. The female in charge wants one,been talking about it for years. Her folks had one (not the atomic version) years ago and she mentions it a lot. Gotta find one now. This could get me all kinds of free indulgences. :nod: The thermometer would just be extra gravy. ;-)

boy, i wish we coulda sent some of the rain your way last week and then had it circle back. my dad cut the hay before we left last weekend cuz he had to go on a business trip tues and darned if it didn't rain fri night thru monday. hay's a loss, for horses anyway. drying out okay now so we're gonna put it up for cow hay. at least its not goin to waste i guess.

A place down the road used to raise MFTs. Now the horses are gone and they have a camel in the pasture. We got a whopping .22 inches Monday evening, 4 miles north got over 2 inches.

dun

Same story here. North of 44 got 1-2 inches. Thats about 7 miles north of us. We got < .2. Not enough to help much at this point. Hope all you other Missourians (and others) got good rain. Of course, as an added bonus since we're breeding this week, the temps have headed to the nineties.

Lee

bwranch":5wh4ypvf said:
Same story here. North of 44 got 1-2 inches. Thats about 7 miles north of us. We got < .2. Not enough to help much at this point. Hope all you other Missourians (and others) got good rain. Of course, as an added bonus since we're breeding this week, the temps have headed to the nineties.

Lee

100% on the money, particularly the breeding part!

dun

Chuck, you mentioning rain brought some back this way. Just got 1.12" last night. Keep up the good work!
Here is the sight that I bought my atomic projection clock from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...17300-2640745?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846 Less than $40.00.
The rain gauge is an Accurite. It is a battery operated gauge and wall display. No wires and is inexpensive. It showed that Wal Mart sells them. Maybe my rural connection will speed up more tomorrow and I will post the exact one I have. Connecting at 1200 bps!

D.R. Cattle":fmpsj6qk said:
10" in the last week and now they tell me there is some tropical weather on the way. TD#1 is showing it's ugly face already. Seems like an omen to us Floridians.

Thats about what our YEARLY normal average is-- remember years when we were lucky to get 7-8".....

At this moment, I would send you our rain with the stipulation that we get it back about July or August. We had just enough dry days to swath alfalfa and grass, but it keeps raining almost every day, so baling is impossible. Plus the folks have a wedding to go to next week. Not looking good for the hay at this point. :(

Latest posts