It's Official

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
Fall calving season is over. 100% bulls. Darn it. However, one looks really good.

I've got 22 on the ground - 4 heifers. Funny how some years are like that.

Iso, hope my claving season produces those percentages! I need the steers for the income! Retained 8 heifers out of last years crop to sell bred or go into the herd with final decisions on the three I am keeping out of those 8 to be made next month.

hillbillycwo":2cnbhf7b said:
Iso, hope my claving season produces those percentages! I need the steers for the income! Retained 8 heifers out of last years crop to sell bred or go into the herd with final decisions on the three I am keeping out of those 8 to be made next month.
I hear ya, I'm terminal so I hope they are all bulls.

Trying to grow my herd some. Hope that I get a good mix. Last year I only had 6 steers out of the 32 calves. I culled several cows due to production and disposition issues and am looking at culling a few more as they don't hold coditoin as well as I would like on my available forage. They got a pass this year as they were younger and my pasture was a little stressed due to over grazing (not rotated correctly) and they calved in the early winter. They calve this year in Feb/Mar and I am hoping they do better as they grew great calves. Weaned them off at 570 and 590 in 6.5 months and the cows are at about 1000 pounds. I was very happy with that. But they were really bony by weaning.

Latest posts