It's Official!

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
I am officially a klutz, I cannot deny it any longer. My friends and family have become amazed at the fact that I get hurt all the time........every spring like clockwork, I find away to get seriously hurt in one way or the other....................but this year I decided to get a good head start on the injuries............a few days ago, went looking for the dog, got worried cus I hadn't seen it all day, and it was rather icey and cold out, so I suspected he might be beyond the fence, perhaps caught in one of the coyote traps..........just before dark, I grudgingly walked up to the top of the mountain, only after finding that my ATV wasn't going to make it up in those slick conditions...............
Anyway, found the dog happily playing in the snow at the very top, called him down, and when I turned around to check to be sure he was following.......walked on an ice covered boulder, and away I went..................

Amazing how you can break so many bones in such a short fall aint it? The walk back to the house was no fun, as I felt every breath, and the searing pain when I coughed....yup, you guessed it.....broke the ribs.......yep, yep, yep. later that day, saw the Xrays to prove I did a good job, they told me simple fractures were sometimes hard to see, but these stood out like neon lights! :shock: ...well being a guy, and macho and everything, a few days later, whilst tossing fire wood into the tractor bucket, I felt the 'pop' and tear, in my back, and that was it for the day............Niki, still away teaching at Uni, thank God wasn't here to chastize me, so, next day went and found one of her partners, Doc told me he could actually push his fingers between the broken ribs and feel the jagged edges..... not a good thing.............anyway............seems like thats it for a few weeks..... except for the most minimal of work such as feeding etc............oh well, maybe this will be it for this year. :cboy: Why oh why?

sounds like you shouldve never went out looking for the dog.it mightve saved you from busting your ribbs good like you did.sounds like you just need to stay in the house for awhile till you heal up.

bigbull338":1jtu4td0 said:
sounds like you shouldve never went out looking for the dog.it mightve saved you from busting your ribbs good like you did.sounds like you just need to stay in the house for awhile till you heal up.

Naw, he probably would have still found a way to break them. With the track record he claims, I don;t think I'ld even want to sit next to him on a couch.

I have a buddy who started his tumble down the hill by falling out of a deer stand. Nobody even looked for him until his wife came home that afternoon. Broke him up badly.
Lets see, he lost the tip of a finger between a chain and sprocket. Caught Hep C from a transfusion back in the seventies. There's more, but you get the idea.
He has his own coffee cup down at the emergency room.

john250":7fm3qg30 said:
I have a buddy who started his tumble down the hill by falling out of a deer stand. Nobody even looked for him until his wife came home that afternoon. Broke him up badly.
Lets see, he lost the tip of a finger between a chain and sprocket. Caught Hep C from a transfusion back in the seventies. There's more, but you get the idea.

Yeah sure John, your "buddy" is a klutz :roll: If so why does that pic of the coffee cup on my right look like it was taken in a..... well....kinda.....sterile environment? :p

And Medic, sorry to hear of your pain. Those kinds of things happen to me too, but it's been awhile, knock on wood! :D

I have a BIL like that. Worst luck of anyone I know. There is a long list of events.

He borrowed a shotgun to go dove hunting about 20 years back. I gave him the once over, read him the act, and reluctantly loaned the gun. One of his friends pulled a Dick Cheney on him. He was hit from the waist to the shoulders and there was an imprint on his chest outlining where he was holding the shotgun. That gun has BBs embedded in the stock and forearm.

backhoeboogie":1cltziai said:
I have a BIL like that. Worst luck of anyone I know. There is a long list of events.

He borrowed a shotgun to go dove hunting about 20 years back. I gave him the once over, read him the act, and reluctantly loaned the gun. One of his friends pulled a Dick Cheney on him. He was hit from the waist to the shoulders and there was an imprint on his chest outlining where he was holding the shotgun. That gun has BBs embedded in the stock and forearm.

Yes, I know your BIL and I can vouch for his lack of grace. I saw him play football...

I always brag because I'm 66 and have never broken a bone. It's not because I'm not a klutz, I think it's because mine are well protected with flab all around them. 8)

MistyMorning":1gdcfyde said:
john250":1gdcfyde said:

Yeah sure John, your "buddy" is a klutz :roll: If so why does that pic of the coffee cup on my right look like it was taken in a..... well....kinda.....sterile environment? :p

And Medic, sorry to hear of your pain. Those kinds of things happen to me too, but it's been awhile, knock on wood! :D

Now I resent the implication that I would use the old "A buddy of mine" ruse.
I still retain all my digits, and I have only banged my head against a tree once, when i was 10 and fairly quick to heal.
The cup was hard to focus. It says "Party, till the cows come home, then go feed. " I bought it from a vendor at the NAILE in Louisville a few years ago. It is sorta cool.
Keith probably fell 300 vertical feet. Ribs. Arms. Shoulders. Closed head injury. He has had more medical procedures than anyone else I know. Several stints in the Mayo. He always manages to combine that with a fishin' trip.

Medic you klutzen, sorry to hear you have broken ribs must hurt like crazy, as I know just bruised ones do. do as you are told and they heal a lot quicker....take care. let us know how your going....Chris.

Medic, just don't try to do too much too soon. Broke 4 ribs in a 18wheeler accidient once. It is not any fun at all. Take it from exp. and don't try any heavy work until they are healed, When you crack them open when they're not quite healed it's worse.

Cal

Oh I forgot if that shine is any good don't worry about it freezing up there on the mountain. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

john250":dy0tglge said:
He has had more medical procedures than anyone else I know. Several stints in the Mayo. He always manages to combine that with a fishin' trip.

He may be a klutz, but he is no fool! ;-)

Sorry about your luck medic . Been there many times . On the bright side it will feel better when it quits hurting . Does give me an idea for a "worst self imposed injury" thread . Heal quickly my friend .

Larry

Latest posts