It's not good when

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
you go out to grain the replacements and the bull pen gate is open and they are all mixed. :mad:
Looks like one bred for sure. Suppose I'll have to hand out some shots before turnout.

No that is bad. Hang in there as there are better days ahead. At least that is what I keep telling myself even if I don't believe it.

get the bottle of lute out!
that sucks, i had the herd open a gate, bull and everyone around the yard at 3am, heifers were well locked up though

Well I guess I didn't hand out enough shots :lol2:
78965643_10159770142167837_9175636842614095872_n.jpg

Had a surprise at feeding time yesterday, brought the pair in and three more soon to be mothers as well. Got them bedded and sheltered nicely and will pay close attention for a few days.
Trying to decide if calving season ended late or is starting early.

Below zero F last night here. Not calving weather.

If you are not a BTO with a farm site for only bulls - -it seems like you need a hot wire to hold bulls consistently.

Stocker Steve said:
Below zero F last night here. Not calving weather.

If you are not a BTO with a farm site for only bulls - -it seems like you need a hot wire to hold bulls consistently.

The bulls were in an all steel pen.... an all steel pen with a poorly tied gate :lol:

Had the same thing happen to me on Thanksgiving, only I got the daily double.
Mine I believe got bred by one of the fall bull calves, wish I knew which one he must be a stud!

get-attachment.asp

Silver The bulls were in an all steel pen.... an all steel pen with a poorly tied gate :lol: [/quote said:
A friend with too much income put 5 strand barbed around his place. I asked if cattle ever got out. He said "Yes, someone always leaves a gate open..."

Beauty of a calf! Gonna look real good come next fall!

My old cow calved last week.. I was hoping she'd calf before I went on holidays but I didn't have much concern for her, she knows what to do!

Mine has started as well well I guess I can say mine actually started 2 months ago when I had a early surprise out of a salebarn bought cow but my calving season out of my breeding is fixing to be in full swing

My bulls are currently frozen and secured in a nice nitrogen filled tank. just waiting to get thawed out and start their little swimming lessons. Nice calf and glad it survived the cold.

We have a couple of winter calves expected in this herd of cows we just purchased.

She done good! But I know its tough up there on newborns, hope you have the best of luck. Had a surprise myself, the other day, that looks just like that one.

sim.-ang.king said:
Had the same thing happen to me on Thanksgiving, only I got the daily double.
Mine I believe got bred by one of the fall bull calves, wish I knew which one he must be a stud!

get-attachment.asp
My surprise came out swingin, I generally have to use the binos to sex them, this little guy was OBVIOUS!

Had the 3rd and 4th calves yesterday, which was the 283rd day. Put the two born yesterday in the barn last night with their mothers, but one is going to lose the tips of his ears anyway.