Its like a Playboy Magazine of cows

Help Support CattleToday:

I am a woman. I have always liked to look at the catalogs of these Jersey sales. Click the arrows over to page 3 and hit the enlarge button at the lower right. This is how Jerseys are supposed to look. Look at their refinement and daintiness. Their pedigrees, they are just like race horses. Yes, and here I am ogling cow bosoms, it's almost embarrassing.

I've been in quite a few water tanks and drank my share of beer in times past but NEVER, in a water tank under a tent.

(I did tho, almost drown in a water tank in one of the driest counties in Texas back around 1993)

The 'tent' was to keep the water cool and the algae from growing. I don't feel great sitting in green water. A couple of goldfish kept the mosquito larvae at bay.

Oddly enough, Jersey bulls are not great looking. Compared to beef bulls they look kind of feminine.
But in the dairy world the romance of bull and cow in the pasture is no more. There is only the romance of the cleanup bull

I bought her from a guy who bought Jersey bottle heifers from dairies, raised and sold them for family milk cows. He had some OK looking heifers on bottle but they had scours so I passed. He also had a pen of weaned heifers I looked over. I felt something like sandpaper, looked down and one was licking my leg. That was Daphne. She already had the marks of a disbudding iron.

I got the money to buy her from the USDA. They gave people money for each livestock animal that was lost in the central Texas forest fire and my 3 pedigree dairy goats had been killed. So I took the money and bought a heifer because I never really liked goat milk anyway.

Polite? She's now the boss cow of a herd of 3 and sometimes has plans that do not mesh with my own.

I bought her from a guy who bought Jersey bottle heifers from dairies, raised and sold them for family milk cows. He had some OK looking heifers on bottle but they had scours so I passed. He also had a pen of weaned heifers I looked over. I felt something like sandpaper, looked down and one was licking my leg. That was Daphne. She already had the marks of a disbudding iron.

I got the money to buy her from the USDA. They gave people money for each livestock animal that was lost in the central Texas forest fire and my 3 pedigree dairy goats had been killed. So I took the money and bought a heifer because I never really liked goat milk anyway.

Polite? She's now the boss cow of a herd of 3 and sometimes has plans that do not mesh with my own.
I've seen a few calves that I know right away they're gonna grow up to be boss cows. My december baby from last year was beating up on the bred heifers at 8 months old (heifers were about 16 months).. Bigger than her by 400ish lbs but she wasn't gonna back down..
Here she is pestering one of them
Gs-XeJraKz2pOFRf36X4xoZ0XCMmINVZP4xehuMigk9x3arsSxsNC9V3TINtGUY64oL1Mtr3dkblzFV_F_OcR8iYDjeVsRuEV2QzAXFws966nYF3c0QIQqVvRAxE_XJrVveJynSyAs5xZlJ-axMtW3pQpwYS5Y-INcE7_JR9psoB42vAdqZrna_OFNjUfOy5T9qUfGaDRt7bQ-SIFGtBCNeniczdEBhqMKX9YfSL8ranAm3uOplalYfvi4MvA-VqLWL5RfckOeNdM0bZQY_-6RpbnA2EtkrdDe9A9EIIdD6TGqCwUounuXwYwIDt1lOJkO-wEpiX_8rNkSvbWIIjOmtHhu5QggNRv2Bks50ZbzmHGjqEfvvFiVhK5wM0Ha9cnUxPq4Yt_nd-tvYMXJ8snSrN68-y6FpFr6_exI-fxtqu2_PT0a3Odu_07I9NOgJLO0tsREOasEoy1yDbIj8MFwxxKYcA7UAE9ukYk2f0E6OmhG4IT2YJi2xliCu6-TbmcefyFHuXse-P2FZ6mKkgz_3p6ObYEIcDUhhSc5l0tusHbjnoJcVmrJCm9mLgH6J5FXcEWr7-CbzBgALI3K1RgwtIMxT-rADo6JwkZ5E0oNL9P1pzHahIdLBgK7uxj_e3vY2pMJTceEwTxgMMFcFBCSx99ycHMJv4kUlfwy_4v8gL4tggufbK3crqBOistDqDzRqlqIuQkjLQjXgdUAPhjgEsw2oIY-sLT8A6jZ9YQcPrxqNcBHow6IiObzFEWwhxFTficjkKXuSk0L_30MSUMhYErhQpj9JeXlZjzGibCd0QIMsisAyjZwUgMiX8Ehxz1c40CsoEw4vT4aVl9_wGrLXe-5Ejnu6wu-c9fynpQeEKy7TVUOVTpeJg9j3ONVQMfYRUFA2YveiW17Hu7FqYq3qJWDegeKqMRxyqrXE5VQmtdA=w1893-h898-no

Latest posts