It's itchy

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
I've been bitten by the Harvest mite...better known to you as chiggers....I have got cream from the Doc, but still it itches, no mites left on me we have had a look through the microscope lens, just tiny little holes. BUT it still itches, does anyone know how long it lasts?????? :( :mad: :cry2:

chrisy":719pvmty said:
I've been bitten by the Harvest mite...better known to you as chiggers....I have got cream from the Doc, but still it itches, no mites left on me we have had a look through the microscope lens, just tiny little holes. BUT it still itches, does anyone know how long it lasts?????? :( :mad: :cry2:
Until it stops :lol: :lol:

Chrisy can you get preperation H cream over there it is used for hemroids it will take the itch and swelling away(seriously)

If it's still itching, they're probably still there. Get you some chigger magic, or use clear fingernail polish. Cover up the area good with it and leave it alone. That chigger will be dead and gone in a day or two.

If you run out of chiggers and need some more, let me know. I've got a place that you can go and get all of them you need..... :mrgreen:

Anybody tell you to take antihistemine/benadril/use orajel?? And stay out of the hay?!

Chrisy: I think that England has it citzens covered by health insurance offered by the country. If so could you tell us how it works, are you happy with it, do you get good care and timely. As you know we are going through a healthcare reform here in the states.

I think chiggers are worse for some people than others,I have been putting 7% iodine on them.I think it kills the skin around the bite,so it doesn't itch.This works better for me than the other methods metioned,except the turpentine I haven't tried that yet but I'm going to.

I did some reading about this and found out that by the time you notice the bites the chiggers are gone. They are kinda like ticks but much smaller and don't stay attached very long. For me the best remedy is rubbing alchohol to stop the itching. Alchohol based deoderant spray works too.

Walt

hurleyjd":1lrjx0zp said:
Chrisy: I think that England has it citzens covered by health insurance offered by the country. If so could you tell us how it works, are you happy with it, do you get good care and timely. As you know we are going through a healthcare reform here in the states.
We have the National Health Service (NHS) it isn't really health insurance, we pay for it through our salary you have no choice if you are working, and those that are, are paying for those that don't work. It is a good service but it is abused like anything that is free, so to speak, it is also like a lottery it depends on the area you are in
as to whether you get all the medication you need. Some areas don't give out certain medicines for Cancer and some wont give the blood test strips for taking blood mmol, for diabetic, I am lucky our Doctor and health care area give out everything, and being a diabetic I don't pay for any of my medication. My Husband pays enough out in his pay each month though. and so did I when I was working. Some times it seems a good thing and at others I'm not so sure. We also have a Private Health Insurance, as some illnesses take a bit of time on the NHS to get seen to, with the private care it is quicker and better care, nicer Hospitals. Although saying that a lot of the NHS Dr's are also the private ones.
If you are of the poorer members of society, it is a good thing, that's what it was started for in the first place.

ps....sorry I forgot...thank you everyone for your contributions as to care for the chiggers bites, the rash is fading a bit now, with the antihistamine cream I got from the Doc. I have tried spraying perfume on them as a friend told me about alcohol and it did relieve it for a while.(couldn't use to much as I would have smelt like a tarts boudoir, not that I know what one smells like :oops: )I will try the terps method if I get them again, which I am sure I will. Never seemed to get bit before, I became Diabetic, now they seem to use me as a food machine. :mad:

Skeeters seem to think I'm candy- :frowns: -Bees like me too,tho they havent stung yet,just follow me around. :shock: type 2 diabetes to go along with the colon cancer/chemo--I'm hopeing the chemo gives the skeeters a bellyache..

Latest posts