It's hot in middle Georgia.

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":10pkoyfr said:
I welded a crack in the frame for the tail wheel on my Bush Hog today. Had to tie a bandanna around my head to keep the sweat from pooling on the window of my hood. It was HOT. Had my leather arm chaps on and heavy welding gloves. Hood over my head. Sparks burning small holes in the pants over my thighs. Now and then one would fly in my hair. Was using 6010 rod. They were old and had absorbed some moisture. Was like frying bacon.

About finished when someone tapped on my shoulder. I stood up. Pulled up my hood and there was Satan. He said, "Pilgrim, I have watched you for 60 years. It is a lead pipe cinch you are mine. Had a young stone mason put in a brimstone chamber to make your stay a hot one but anyone who would weld on a day like this is not worth being danmed."

I call that man-ing up Inyati. Sometimes a man has to what a man has to do. But I sure wouldn't be wearing leathers or gloves just to weld a crack.
The auto dimming welding helmet is a life saver.

M-5":2xh2ra40 said:
Kingfisher":2xh2ra40 said:
M-5":2xh2ra40 said:
It's supposed to be hot this time of the year. I prefer this over winter.
Your a sic boss in your a/c office...;)

And your point is?????? I was on a roof for 3 hrs today. I still prefer summer over winter . I can cool off alot quicker than I can get warmed up.

You can always put more clothes on. You can only take so much off....... LOL

It's been very hot here in Montgomery, Alabama. To hot for me to work outside but with the grace of God we had sheet lightning and rain last night, but I'M to tired to go out today.

It got up into the mid 80's here yesterday. That is too hot for me. But last night the ocean air pushed in clouding things up and cooling it off. It is just before noon now and the clouds just now burned off. Our ten day forecast is for highs in the mid 70's and lows in the 50's. This is summer weather I can live with.

Williamsv":1i0og7q8 said:
Sorry about that wind damage. That was bad. It has missed us so far, but has been all around us. We got a quarter inch of rain here and not a drop at the farm out of Abbeville. Maybe tomorrow we will all get some.

I'm not sure Mrs Vickie but it looks like you got a dang good shower this evening. I was just across the river but the rain wouldn't cross the river. It got there and just sat. My fields need some rain bad. But either way I hope you got a frog strangler.

We got a much needed shower at home and on the farm. In fact a good rain all the way from my house to farm in Abbeville. I was thankful for every drop. Pastures were really needing it, as were the crops. I pray all of you that need it will soon get some.

Yesterday's Extremes
State Highs........................State Lows
109 °F Wink....................62 °F Hereford
109 °F Pecos...................66 °F Dumas
108 °F Midland Airpark.......68 °F Weslaco
108 °F Midland................69 °F Dalhart
107 °F Odessa ................70 °F Canadian

ga.prime":34mzhrcs said:
Old Farmer's Almanac said it was going to be a cool, wet summer here. That's not happening.

They intended for you to be wading in the river seining us up some fish.

Jogeephus":28xsmb8i said:
ga.prime":28xsmb8i said:
Old Farmer's Almanac said it was going to be a cool, wet summer here. That's not happening.

They intended for you to be wading in the river seining us up some fish.
:lol2: That's a pleasant thought.

97 degrees at five-thirty when I was in pasture checking cows. Little shower from yesterday gone and looks like no chance of one today. One brave soul at my pond fishing. I thought to myself anybody out in these temps fishing must really want some fish! I also thought when winter comes I will not complain about cold weather .

Williamsv":2lxm3q4c said:
97 degrees at five-thirty when I was in pasture checking cows. Little shower from yesterday gone and looks like no chance of one today. One brave soul at my pond fishing. I thought to myself anybody out in these temps fishing must really want some fish! I also thought when winter comes I will not complain about cold weather .

I'm guilty of a lot of things but I promise you that I never complain about cold weather or wet weather bc I absolutely hate hot and dry weather. But we take it as it comes and keep going. Started feeding hay today. The pastures are literally 70% dead. Weeds however are healthy and as pretty as a speckled puppy.

Caustic Burno":1jhvxtx8 said:
ez14":1jhvxtx8 said:
We needed rain bad and we got some (it rained twice friday and Tuesday :banana: )
Looking at the long range forecast shows y'all getting some more through the next week
Yeah a small chance most days for the end of this week a 40% for sunday and a 60% monday then i think thursday was the next chance

We have got 1 and 1/10 this week and going off the top of my head i think this is the first measurable rain for june and july