It's getting crazier

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I have a flag on my grain bin (states the name of my choice for president). Honestly, I'm not really even sure why it's there. I'm not 100% in a position to have a public opinion (even though we live in the freeiest country in the world). My kids wanted to hang it, and I didn't say no.

Yesterday afternoon, some idiot stopped to take issue with the flag. I was back on the farm working and my daughters were at the house doing homework (ages 16 and 12). They'd never seen the guy before, and he asked to speak their dad? They told him I was busy, so he just went off on them instead of me. Scared em quit a bit. They asked him to leave, or they would turn the dog loose on him. (we've got a pretty bad dog, even had a thread about him here some time ago. General opinion here was to kill the dog, but I didn't). The fool reluctantly leaves, and they don't think to get a license plate number.

This world is getting crazier by the day. I live in an area, that's especially crazy.
Number 1, I can't imagine stopping at a random persons house to discuss politics
Number 2, I aint sayin a word out of line to nobodies kid
Number 3 What if he hadn't decided it was time to go?

Too many people can't seem to deal with or accept the fact that other people are entitled to have opinions that they don't like, or to disagree with them. Like a woman my wife went to school with overseas 50 years ago who's posted on Facebook that she's cutting all ties with anyone who votes for a certain presidential candidate.

I blame the internet. People can post their opinions for everyone to see, so they assume everyone cares what they think, and they can't handle someone disagreeing with them.

I was trying to post a link on a fellow who had all his equipment burnt for flying a trump flag on his combine....but I don't know wtf I'm doing

@callmefence,

Posting links is much easier with this new platform. Just highlight the address (see below) and copy it, then come here, click where you want the link, and paste it.

1603386172388.png

I would have let the dog loose.
I have neighbors that I don't always see eye to eye with, we have kids in the same grade. Bringing children into adult concerns is 200% off limits.

I think we can all agree ; it won't make much difference who is elected. 1 person doesn't run the country. We are pretty much screwed either way.

Joel Salatin uses a term called "urban disease". I think that is a good description of all these fools.

Problem is that there are so many of them!

I usually don't put out political campaign signs but will on occasion. I am a firm believer in everybody has the right to vote how they want regardless of whether or not I agree with their views. That being being said it doesn't bother me a bit to see signs or flags or whatever. That feller that stopped in to complain about the flag was completely out of line in the first place and took it to a whole other level when he brought the subject up with children.

I would have let the dog loose.
I have neighbors that I don't always see eye to eye with, we have kids in the same grade. Bringing children into adult concerns is 200% off limits.

I think we can all agree ; it won't make much difference who is elected. 1 person doesn't run the country. We are pretty much screwed either way.
Regarding your first couple of sentences I could not agree more. Regarding your final thought I could not disagree more emphatically.

Not only Trump signs behind burned or someone complaining. Here is a display that was on a mans farm and burned that night. Looks like person charged with th burning may have mental and addiction.

I avoid just about any sort of political statement these day, be it putting a sign up in my yard or a post on social media. It's just not worth it. I have several friends (like in real life, not just on social media) who are either so far right or so far left, I have to constantly mute them because their constant spewing of political rhetoric is just assinine. I wish this BS was going to end on November 4th, but I'm not holding my breath....

A friend of mine in Nevada came home to find a typed out note taped to the door. It said we know which candidate you support. If they win we will be back. Better have your home owners insurance paid up. We didn't start this civil war. It was longer than that but I don't remember all of the exact wording. But it darn sure said what I have typed.
If they were to come for me they would need to get past a couple of neighbors first. Their numbers would be thinned out considerably.

Would have at the very least turned the dog loose when he started running his mouth. He could of chewed on him while they went for help. Sounds like time for a lesson " this is an 870 and it works like this". I hope he doesn't resurface when you aren't around for another chance to express his opinion. It is a shame that this country has come to this and you have every right to express your opinion on your property.

I always had in my mind the kind of area you lived in Bigfoot from different pics or just what I know of Kentucky but after a few of these stories you have posted I guess I was way wrong.

Around here he would have a lot of places to stop. There are enough of those flags flying it's a wonder this county hasn't set sail by now. Of course he wouldn't have made it any farther than the first place somebody was home, like Brute said that would be suicide here.

P.S I SURE HOPE YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE FLAG DOWN! Just on principle if no other reason, otherwise the terrorists win.

Would have at the very least turned the dog loose when he started running his mouth. He could of chewed on him while they went for help. Sounds like time for a lesson " this is an 870 and it works like this". I hope he doesn't resurface when you aren't around for another chance to express his opinion. It is a shame that this country has come to this and you have every right to express your opinion on your property.

I always had in my mind the kind of area you lived in Bigfoot from different pics or just what I know of Kentucky but after a few of these stories you have posted I guess I was way wrong.

Around here he would have a lot of places to stop. There are enough of those flags flying it's a wonder this county hasn't set sail by now. Of course he wouldn't have made it any farther than the first place somebody was home, like Brute said that would be suicide here.

P.S I SURE HOPE YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE FLAG DOWN! Just on principle if no other reason, otherwise the terrorists win.
Flag is still up. In my town, we have one of the highest juvenile crime rates in the US. Higher than Chicago. Most of West Ky is much better. Not sure about eastern Ky.

Bigfoot, should go ahead and call the sheriffs office and let them know this mentally bent sumbich is out and about.

Many flags flying around here. The left is full of hate and are angry, mostly due to the media on the evening news, local news, npr, cnn, msnbc and other sources.

During the years I was working and busy trying to make a living, didn't pay attention to politics and might listen or watch a snippet of the local news, which now I see as a voice for the dems which have changed considerably in the last decade. So I figure there are a lot of folks that probably fit that paradigm.

If someone jumped the fence and came down the driveway here the dogs would definitely be out.

Latest posts