Its getting close

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
You can tell the seasons are changing, fall is in the air, you can smell the difference. Our Squirrel season opens Sept. 6 an Black powder in Oct. Life is good with the cooler weather. :banana: :banana:

Ahhhhh Squirrels in September ------ Here in Alabama that equals wolves in their backs.

I can't stand the thought of eating something where I have to dig that nasty wolve out of it's back. We don't pickup the squirrel gun till a week or so after the 1st frost which is usually toward the end of October.

Nowland Farms":q2a4huup said:
I can't stand the thought of eating something where I have to dig that nasty wolve out of it's back.

I can't stand the thought of eating a bushy tailed rat anymore. Squirrel hunting was my first experience hunting by myself, and bringing back "food for the table". Mom would always smile and cook them, even though she hated it. Last time I had squirrel was few years ago, and I would have rather gone hungry. Could have been the way it was cooked.

My Granddaddy used to eat squirrel brains and scrambled eggs together. He'd also keep the eggs of female fish that we'd clean and fry them up with the fish.

Squirrel hunting is one of my favorite things to do and I love to eat them but I hate to clean them. Our season opens in Sept also. We even have a brief early season in June. I don't bother going then it's way too hot.

Latest posts