Its funny but again its not

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I live in a small town that has a paper we call the weekly wipe. I send my mother all the old copies cause she thinks its hilarious to read "our news". We don't bother printing stuff about wars and the economy in our newspaper since we only get the real news. Stuff like; "who caught the biggest bass last week", "Jr's first deer", "who grew the biggest watermellon or cabbage" - you know the important stuff.

This was all true up until this month when we had a murder. Yep a murder. Wasn't drug related or gang related cause those kind are not exactly welcome in our little piece of heaven. The murder was over a jar of pickles. Seems Mr. X got tired of his freeloading unemployed son eating all his food while he was at work so he bought a jar of pickles cause his son didn't like them. When he came home his jar of pickles was almost all gone. They got in a fight. Son picked up a ball bat and beat his dad and then his dad shot him dead. So we got the newspaper and the cover story was this - complete with a picture of the father. We were agast cause we all recognized the face of this new fella that moved into our area. Everyone was shocked cause he seemed like such a nice man. How could he have done such a thing?!?

Well, he didn't. They had printed the wrong name and picture in the paper and we had to wait a week to find out the truth of the matter. Could you imagine if this happened to you? You would think they would have double checked things a little closer. I mean, its not like they printed the wrong person growing the biggest tomatoe. I know how the guy must feel. You see, on paper I died once and clearly remember the looks on people's faces when I would bump into people in town. (did get a lot of good hugs though :nod: ) :lol2: :lol2:

That had to be interesting.
Bet the guy miss identified got quite a few looks and comments.

Much better then our Sheriff's department arguing with the town cops over dispatch services. I think they finally quit fighting, but that was our biggest news for quite awhile.

That's bad.

Our county has a weekly paper, too. Used to be entertaining but now it's full of yankees and real estate ads.

I have a friend who "died" in our local paper too. For several months after he would run into people who would suprised to see him and usually comment "Larry, you're alive! I thought you died." My friend would always reply "No, I'm alive. And by the way, thanks for coming to my funeral." Which they obviously didn't do. He thought it was funny, but it made a lot of people uncomfortable as they scrambled to come up with an excuse. :lol:

When my sister got married in 1975, the paper had her picture but the wrong name underneath and there was a picture of an old lady that had passed and my sister's name under it.

cfpinz":2e73o8xl said:
That's bad.

Our county has a weekly paper, too. Used to be entertaining but now it's full of yankees and real estate ads.

See now I would think that would make it more entertaining. :nod: :D

I wont go into details.but I have paperwork that lists myself as MIA during the tet offensive.
I was only missing for a week trying to get back to my unit.

Cal

MistyMorning":222ip24a said:
cfpinz":222ip24a said:
That's bad.

See now I would think that would make it more entertaining. :nod: :D

You must have never met any of our yankees. They move down here to get away from the city and congestion and bring their subdivisions and mercedes with them. Then they want things like cable and county water and complain about smells. They also have a way of getting appointed to committees and boards which set regulations so it's like where they came from. If you like the lifestyle so much in NYC, then get your ass back up there.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some New Englanders that were really nice. But I've met more that weren't.

Latest posts