It's Fall and you know that means...

Help Support CattleToday:

Fall is also spring development time.
1. The tire trough in the approximate location it will be set. Along with a few plumbing parts stacked on it for the time being.
2. The trail down which the pile line will be dug. You can see that blue dam that is by the trough in the top center.
3. The machine used to develop springs. A D3 with a backhoe.
4. A little too much side hill here. Levi slid off the trail into the mucky bottom. Sort of got stuck for an hour. Not stuck in one spot, just couldn't get out. He said that was an hour he will never get back.
5. The hole where he was stuck filled up with water. This much water in September on a drought year. This spring is going to run 3 or 4 gallons a minute.
6. Where our drain pipe will be set to capture the water. Note cattails in the bottom of a draw in the middle of the dessert.

We will put in a piece of drain pipe down on the bottom. Surround it with some gravel and cover with filter fabric. About 250 feet of 2 inch pipe in a trench to the trough. Gravity flows to the trough 24/7/365. An over flow pipe with take the excess back to the draw 50 feet or so away,

Attachments

• P9242689.JPG
    P9242689.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P9242694.JPG
    P9242694.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
  • P9242692.JPG
    P9242692.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P9242693.JPG
    P9242693.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P9242691.JPG
    P9242691.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P9242695.JPG
    P9242695.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 6
Simme,
I think you're looking at an appendage. Apologies for not noticing that.

Damn dogs. They seem to always get one over on me.

They don't like it at all. They prefer Becks Dark, but they can't get it around here.
Dry county, so I have to drive a three hour round trip just to get their flavor.

Ouachita, I know you are in aviation and there is something that happens here every year once the temps drop some and the sky is clear. Almost every week, there is one or 2 general aviation planes that come into the area over my place and they loiter around, I'm estimating around 3000-5000 ft alt and do a series of maneuvers. Just one at a time, and maybe it's the same one.

Turn left, turn right, climb, drop altitude, throttle up, throttle down, then sound like they cut engines completely or feather the prop, then you hear the engine come back, throttle up, climb hard and they do it all again. It happens too often just to be a maintenance check flight. I never see it on a Sunday.
What are they doing?

Too high up to be DPS/DEA looking around for marijuana grow fields (I've seen those before, they just go in ever widening circles at a much lower altitude and fly much slower)

GB, I was going to send you a private message, but I can't figure out how to do that with this new forum software.
Does it even support private messages?

Upper right side next to your name is an envelope icon... it is for private messages. If you click on it you will see "conversations" and you can click on start a new conversation.... they call it conversations but it is the same as a private message.

GB, I was going to send you a private message, but I can't figure out how to do that with this new forum software.
Does it even support private messages?
Click on my (or anyone's) name on the left of a post and it will say "start conversation" as one of the options.
start conv.jpg

Hey GB, remember me telling you when you posted a similar picture a few weeks back, that looks like it could be on my place?F8C0E685-813D-4702-B224-7F91C4E9F1D6.jpeg

Attachments

• C297B00D-9805-4C99-A97E-018858D706A4.jpeg
    C297B00D-9805-4C99-A97E-018858D706A4.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 4
Hey GB, remember me telling you when you posted a similar picture a few weeks back, that looks like it could be on my place?
Yep, looks familiar. How many times you hit that little tree on the left of the road that sticks out in the road a bit?