It's dry in south Alabama!

Help Support CattleToday:

I planted some millet last friday in one field and its coming up good. I couldn't plant the other field because its so dry. We got a nice shower after lunch with more on the way. :banana:

vett we gotta get some rain in the ponds, because there ain't much fishing going on. :cry2:

We only got half a tenth. :cry2: When the line got to the county next to us it broke up and went to the north and south. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I feel your pain.
I watched the radar image vaporize as it was about 5-10 miles from hitting me. :frowns:
Looks like about 10 days to the next shot.

Same here the storms went just north of us. Less than 3 miles away, were I planted corn it rained a little over 1" oh well. To little to late to make much corn, at least the deer will eat good. Jokes over we need some rain at the home place bad.

A guy two miles from home got half an inch and another guy about 7 miles from here got over and inch. :???:

Glad you got some, still none here. Been going south of us just a little, all you can do is pray and hope.

One of my friends knows a guy that got over an inch the other day. Don't know what his religion is but I'm thinking of attending his church as long as they don't handle snakes.

On Saturday June 4th hurried up and finished eating dust disking and harrowing in some TifQik in a paddock cause the rain was supposedly on it's way.
Nothing.
Sunday, Nothing.
Set up some Irrigation Sunday afternoon and turned it on.
Monday, turned it on early and shut it off by 8am
Monday afternoon skies clouding up and I'm like a kid at Christmas.
BOOM! 7/8ths. :banana: :banana:
Tuesday, figure I'll turn it back on in the evening.
Skies get dark, wind starts whipping.
BOOM! 2". :banana: :banana: :banana:
Wednesday, I'm counting blessings and...
BOOM! 3/8ths gentle soaker.
Looks like that High pressure is finally heading to the Atlantic and the whole Southeast might get back to normal.
Fingers crossed, knocking on wood and hoping for everyone that's needing. :D :D :D

Last rain we got was about 1/2 an inch on May 13, and everything was already crunchy at that point. Still praying earnestly for relief here.

cmf1":1bbyb2zj said:
Looks like that High pressure is finally heading to the Atlantic and the whole Southeast might get back to normal.

If the high sits off our coast then I will be in trouble.

Saw a big cloud in the sky last night but it turned out just to be smoke from one of the fires. :bang:

We got an inch yesterday afternoon. It also came with a pile of pea sized hail. It was a slow and good soaker! :banana:

We got two inches thursday and an inch yesterday! Talk is that next week will be another good week for rain. Just have to wait and see.

We got rain Thursday nite like a cloud burst, Thunder, Light'n and lots of tree limbs tore off and in the pastures for me to clean up. Friday afternoon and evening more rain. We got a nice gift from God and we are very thankful.