It's Almost Fall; Big Game Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
My youngest son's first big Game animals;
Up where the air is clear, and very THIN. Our Elk country!
Vic_s_Pictures_084.jpg

Antelope
Vic_s_Pictures_016.jpg

Deer
Vic_s_Pictures_086.jpg

Elk
IMG_0643_edited.jpg

IMG_0638_edited.jpg

3waycross":17eirnw4 said:
HOSS":17eirnw4 said:
Where are the smiles????? Nice animals, beautifull country and big fun!

Family trait.We are smiling!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Makes everybody wonder what you're thinking about and the truth is "you're laughing at them".. :lol2: :lol2:

Yup! time to talk hunting. :nod: I got to get back in the mountains. One month from now I will be there. 8)

Something is eating the apples off the ground in the old orchard in the upper pasture. The ground is so hard and dry that they aren't leaving tracks. I scouted around but couldn't find any definite sign point to any one critter. I hung a trail camera on one of the trees Sunday afternoon. I want to see what it is. If it is deer, well it is still two months until deer season. If it is elk, dang I will be fixing fence again. But if it is a bear.... well bear season openned on Aug 1. And last year this time I saw a real big bear track in that area. Even if it is a deer. The world record Columbia Blacktail came out of this drainage and one of the youngest son's buddies shot a buck on the hill right behind this field about 4 years ago that just missed B/C by an inch or so. There are possibilities.

I pulled the camera down yesterday. It had 36 pictures. All does and fawns. I will put it back up tomorrow. I think this time I will aim it the other way. Maybe that big buck is walking around the back side of that tree?

Latest posts