Its all about timing

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Its been terribly hot so on Friday I decided to have my barber give me a buzz cut. After he finished I looked in the mirror and thought I looked like a green recruit in his first day at Paris Island.

As luck would have it there was all that BS in Virginia over the weekend and yesterday I felt like some people were looking at me all funny like. I didn't get the reason for this till one of my friends mentioned that I look like one of those Nazi skinheads on the news then it dawned on me how important timing can be.

slick4591":1uzh1hrq said:
#2 for me. My wife hates it, but will cut it for me.
I've never paid any attention to which attachment is used, but did notice yesterday when I got my 'regular' haircut, the guy before me just told the girl;" #3 on the sides #2 on top". (maybe it was the other way around? )

My wife and my hair... :bang:
I've had her attempt to give me a haircut 2-3 times over the years, and each time the same thing. Dunno why, but she thinks she has to try to press the smooth bottom of that clipper head right thru the side of my skull. The other side of my head is resting on my shoulder before she finishes a single swath of cut. When she's done, my neck hurts so bad I feel like I've been in a car wreck and need a neck brace.

greybeard":v3feze1h said:
My wife and my hair... :bang:
I've had her attempt to give me a haircut 2-3 times over the years, and each time the same thing. Dunno why, but she thinks she has to try to press the smooth bottom of that clipper head right thru the side of my skull. The other side of my head is resting on my shoulder before she finishes a single swath of cut. When she's done, my neck hurts so bad I feel like I've been in a car wreck and need a neck brace.

I 'spect it's #2 on the sides because #3 leaves it longer. I got a wild hair last summer and had the barber cut it off. She charged $15 so when I got home I went looking for shears with guides. Spent a little over $50 including shipping and have paid for them many times over since.

Heck I can't remember the last store bought haircut I got. Hardly even have to take my cap off now. Wife is getting pretty good and has it down to less than 5 minutes now.

TexasBred":7hc3h76e said:
Heck I can't remember the last store bought haircut I got. Hardly even have to take my cap off now. Wife is getting pretty good and has it down to less than 5 minutes now.

My barber is such a character he could just charge admission just to listen to him. He has offended many but at 78 years old he doesn't seem to care.

I cut my hair every Thursday morning. Shortest setting on the electric clippers. I'm pretty much bald on top anyway. Male pattern baldness is caused by excess testosterone. Not bragging, just sayin.

My wife cuts mine, beard and all. While we were moving from NC to AR and apart I went to some sporty hair cutting place. They charged me $35 and expected a tip. My wife is worth a lot more to me now.

Watch out there Jupp.

#1 on sides, #3 on top here. Been cutting my own for years out of necessity. Used to not be able to afford a store bought haircut, now don't have time for one during business hours.

Bigfoot":r4v24lx5 said:
I cut my hair every Thursday morning. Shortest setting on the electric clippers. I'm pretty much bald on top anyway. Male pattern baldness is caused by excess testosterone. Not bragging, just sayin.
Always heard that,, but I've seen some little dried out wimps that were slick as onions.

ALACOWMAN":u4wkswld said:
Bigfoot":u4wkswld said:
Always heard that,, but I've seen some little dried out wimps that were slick as onions.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:hide:

Jogeephus":ps9mngxe said:
TexasBred":ps9mngxe said:

My barber is such a character he could just charge admission just to listen to him. He has offended many but at 78 years old he doesn't seem to care.

Amazing what an old man can say and get away with especially if he's holding a pair of barber scissors or a straight razor and has a sheet hooked around your neck. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Bigfoot":17i2w7aj said:
Wish I'd known that 50 years ago. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1pbe47c0 said:

I've got kinda a phobia about haircuts. Grandma could cut it. Mom could cut it, my wife cuts it. Nobody else..and I know it's time for a cut when my hat don't fit right.

callmefence":1lgfn13s said:
TexasBred":1lgfn13s said:

I've got kinda a phobia about haircuts. Grandma could cut it. Mom could cut it, my wife cuts it. Nobody else..and I know it's time for a cut when my hat don't fit right.
:lol: :lol: Fence when you got no more than I got you have no idea so I just wait for the wife to say "the hair on the back of your neck looks awful" .

This gal cut my hair when I was about 20 because she said I looked kinda "unkept". It's now four score and a half later and she still cuts it. Since that day I've never paid a barber. But she got pretty good, owned her own salon with 5 stations for many years.

I've tried to figure how much money I've saved in hair cuts, but I don't know what they cost in 1970, or how the prices progressed.

True Grit Farms":2zx3wki9 said:
I wear a flat top in months without R's. I've been gray headed since I was in my 30's, but at least I still have all my hair.
I knew a woman like that once....only thing most of her's was under her arms and on her legs. :lol: :hide:

Latest posts