It's a hauling weekend . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Might be the same thing, but I was looking forward to getting hay stored and cows AI'd. Okay 90% of hay is stored and just finished AI'ing Cattle yesterday. I'm sore and still have some hay to go...... It sucks!

Got to love it!
Alan

If there is one task I truly hate and that is hauling and moving hay. Its just proof that we don't have the all-caring gov't like they want us to believe for if we did they would give waivers on the blood alcohol limits when moving hay. Sortof like trimwork in painting. JMHO

I hauled hay the last couple weeks. I didn't mind the first round. Good hay at a good price and not very far from home. The hay this weekend was a pain in the back side. It came off a pasture I rent from some rich duck hunters. There is a bridge out so the cows can't graze on one field. The duck hunters want the grass cut. I have to come in through the neighbors so I have to wait until he is done with his hay. Well the hay was done but I only have one loader tractor. So I loaded the hay on the trailer and had to push the bales off by hand when I got it home. All 120 bales. Thus the pain in the back, the side, the other side..... Good thing the bales weren't too heavy. But all that work for some sorry hay that I don't really need and the cows don't really like to eat...... I am beginning to agree with Jo.

Jogeephus":24xix1aj said:
If there is one task I truly hate and that is hauling and moving hay. Its just proof that we don't have the all-caring gov't like they want us to believe for if we did they would give waivers on the blood alcohol limits when moving hay. Sortof like trimwork in painting. JMHO

Jogeephus":dl1us3y1 said:

Yes, but...some folks would put a bale in the bed and just leave it there. No names on that, just SOME folks.

Jogeephus":29otyreb said:

:nod: :nod: :nod: My beer bill goes up but I don't get the buzz, just sore and tired.

Alan":2fpai0wk said:
Jogeephus":2fpai0wk said:

:nod: :nod: :nod: My beer bill goes up but I don't get the buzz, just sore and tired.
Yup -- pretty much.

Latest posts