Italian breeds

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

does anyone has any experience with any Italian breed that it's not Chianina?

Could be with: Romagnola, Marchgiana, Maremmana or Podolica.

I will do a research on these breeds and think that for the meat producer will be usefull to use any of these breeds.

[email protected]

As a member of the Association of Italian Breeders in Mexico, I visited the web site of the ANABIC and it will very interesting to cattleman that sells his steers by the pound to visit it because of the weight gains you could obtain with the crossbreding of these breeds specially using Romagnola or Marchigiana, it will explain it better than me <A HREF="http://www.anabic.it" TARGET="_blank">http://www.anabic.it</A>, look at Technical Service

> does anyone has any experience
> with any Italian breed that it's
> not Chianina?

> Could be with: Romagnola,
> Marchgiana, Maremmana or Podolica.

> I will do a research on these
> breeds and think that for the meat
> producer will be usefull to use
> any of these breeds.

[email protected]

thanks,

that doesn't sound too bad. my father is looking into getting his own, double muscled breedeing bulls in Indonesia, but the problem is calving, but with this kind of weight, i think that a marchiagana cow, out of a NeloreXlimousin cow would be able to provide us with some good blood (meat and relative calving ease). we are going to do the same thing for Belgian blue as well. see what comes out the best.

[email protected]

It sounds like to be a great crossbreed, I have use Romagnola Bulls in my Simmental-Nelore commercials and I really get good weaning weights and good replacement heifers. I had just A.I. some of the Simmies-Nelores with Marchigiana so I'm just waiting for the results. I had tried Belgians but I really didn't like them to small and at weaning weights not to much difference, in our meat market Belgian crosses won't work.

> thanks,
> that doesn't sound too bad. my
> father is looking into getting his
> own, double muscled breedeing
> bulls in Indonesia, but the
> problem is calving, but with this
> kind of weight, i think that a
> marchiagana cow, out of a
> NeloreXlimousin cow would be able
> to provide us with some good blood
> (meat and relative calving ease).
> we are going to do the same thing
> for Belgian blue as well. see what
> comes out the best.

[email protected]

we'll be sure to try that cross in Indo. But i don't follow you on the belgians being smaller. i get a minimum of 750kg (73% dressing at least) at 20 months old here in belgium. that is not small.

[email protected]

at 20 months doesn't sound bad but I use to sell my steers at 10 months

> we'll be sure to try that cross in
> Indo. But i don't follow you on
> the belgians being smaller. i get
> a minimum of 750kg (73% dressing
> at least) at 20 months old here in
> belgium. that is not small.

[email protected]

but anyway you should be very happy with the results of the Marchigiana

> at 20 months doesn't sound bad but
> I use to sell my steers at 10
> months

[email protected]

sounds you're really in the bussiness

> at 20 months, they go directly to
> the slaughterhouse. i don't sell
> anything to an additional feedlot,
> because of a contract with a
> supermarket chain.

[email protected]

we should talk in the future of our experience with Marchigiana crosses, I'm really convince that they should work better than my Romagnola crossbreeds

> i'll talk to you about that in
> another year or two. right now
> we're definetely looking for some
> good aussie Marchiagana semen

[email protected]

you should check it with the American Internatonal Marchigiana Society <A HREF="http://marchigiana.org" TARGET="_blank">http://marchigiana.org</A>, the Asociacion de Criadores de Razas Italianas ( The Mexican Association of Italians Breeds) has plenty of semen for sale if you need more information let me know

> are there marchigiana breeders
> selling semien straws for
> crossbreeding to angus cows

[email protected]

Latest posts