It will happen every time.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I was in a hurry and picked up the torch to cut off a piece of metal. Didn't bother to get my welding gloves and the leather gloves I was wearing had a hole in the finger. Yep you guessed it that was right where I grabbed the red hot piece of metal.
Either I'm too cheap to buy a new pair of work gloves or to dumb to use the welding gloves,or both.
I really do amuse myself sometimes. I've learned to laugh instead of throwing a walleyed fit like I used to do.
Only about three days ago I was using the grinder and wearing a clear face shield.
Picked up the wand and pulled the shield down thinking I had my welding helmet on,struck an arc and turned stone blind for about a minute.

Maby I should get one of them there Darwin awards. :oops: :oops:

Cal

I never wear gloves when using the torch...luckily I haven't grabbed anything hot. As for the welding, that just sucks.

So was it the sound or the smell of burning flesh that clued you to your nomination of the Darwinian Award? ;-) :lol2:

Cal you say the air wasn't blue, you'd have heard my screams for here, the thought of the pain..... you definitely deserve a medal of some sort.... :frowns: becareful as we all know many nasty accidents can happen on a farm...take care..Chris.

This is kinda mean but boys will be boys.In highschool I had welding so we would heat metal (not red cause you'd notice that) then hand it to someone.Also all the guys wanted to be tougher than one another so they would armwrestle so one day we took two metal chairs and hooked the stinger to one and the ground to another went out in the hall to recruit would be tough guys, turned the welder on and as soon as they touched hands zapped the bejesus out of them.

rusty":75y2bsg6 said:
This is kinda mean but boys will be boys.In highschool I had welding so we would heat metal (not red cause you'd notice that) then hand it to someone.Also all the guys wanted to be tougher than one another so they would armwrestle so one day we took two metal chairs and hooked the stinger to one and the ground to another went out in the hall to recruit would be tough guys, turned the welder on and as soon as they touched hands zapped the bejesus out of them.

Kinda Mean? That's downright torture.

Cal

Latest posts