It Was A Tree Hugger Alright

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":2dxuqaxu said:
I know we should turn the other cheek but I can also realize that everyone loose temper time to time and when a tree hugger flips you off going down the highway this might be the time that being an Imperfect man might kick in.

Under Roman law, if someone slapped you - they got to spend night in jail. If you turned the other cheek and they slapped you or hit you again the time was trippled and so on and so on. Maybe, we have missed what Jesus was saying, he did after all kick some tail in the church one day - didn't he?

Your restraint in not running the fool off the road is to be commended. Next time though, try calling the highway patrol and report them for road rage or making terroristic threats. Upon stopping them, they would probably have to answer for drug charges as well. Let the law do their job. To me, that is what Jesus meant.JMO

Yes we all lose our tempers, I know I do but then it is up to one of my Christian brothers or sisters to not commend me for it but to get me back on track.

"But I say to you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; ..." "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "

Matt. 5:44 and 46

The Greek language had different words for love, the one used here is agape which meant the action of love. This verse therefore doesn't tell us to like our enemies, just to treat them with love.

Alan- Quite possibly their excuse is they don't have the Holy Spirit guiding their lives.

Jogeephus- Jesus was speaking as a Jew. To the Jews a slap in the face was an insult. He mentions the right cheek which would typically be slapped with the back of the other persons right hand. Looking at the language this is an idiom that describes an insult, not a physical attack. So what Jesus is basically saying is don't retaliate when insulted. As for the temple, Jesus was angry then you are right. He chased the money lenders out of the temple. They were standing in the way of people coming to God. That wasn't insulting, that is inexcusable.

icandoit":1mo28qqg said:
he was driving 55 or so in the fast lane.
...and I bet you didn't tailgate him or anything, trying to move him over...
I start to go around him
...and I'm sure you just eased over into the right lane and gently accelerated...
As I get ahead of him, he speeds up and catches up with me and flips me off.
...which is weird, of course, because I'm sure you were totally polite up to that point...
Alas, my wife was with me and I couldn't take any action ( not to mention I didn't have my 9mil with me),
...and we all believe that you would have shot him if you'd been armed and alone, because you're awesome...
so I just smile and make a gesture of me pulling a trigger.
...which is probably the moment when he realized that you were insane, and that this was about more to you than wanting him out of your way...
He backed off pretty fast.
...naturally...
...because basic self preservation should always take a backseat to pride...
I kinda pulled into his lane with my Dodge PU like I was coming over at him. What a look of fright he had on his face.
...since you "kinda" pulled over into his lane -- not "actually" pulled over into his lane -- his look of fear was probably a complete overreaction...

Right..

So, here's my overall take.. I doubt this had anything to do with bumper stickers as far as the "tree hugger" was concerned. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd be willing to bet -- based on your apparent attitude in general -- that you probably rode his hind end for a little while trying to make him move, then whipped over in the right lane and put the pedal to the floor... He probably did flip you off when you got around him because you were being a jerk, so then you make a "I'm gonna blow your face off" gesture and whip your truck into his lane before he really has time to get out of the way.

Priceless. Job well done.

Yeah, real great.. We need more folks like you travelling the roadways alongside our friends, family, and loved ones. Really great.

You should be real proud of yourself. :roll:

I got to thinking about this post. I don't think I have ever seem a bumper sticker up that just said Save a tree. They generally have small print under that line with another message. Examples; SAVE A TREE eat a logger or SAVE A TREE eat a beaver, are the two most popular. People who have those stickers are not tree huggers.

As for him flipping you off because you drive a large pickup with MIA/POW sticker. There are tons of large pickups with MIA/POW, military unit, etc bumper stickers on them. If that was his reason for flipping you the bird...... well around here he would be driving around with his finger extended all the time.

KMacGinley":22jytdtp said:
Thank you CMjust. My hat is off to you. :)

Ditto here.

The fact that someone would behave in this manner is not surprising. There are a lot of hotheads out there. Some of them even carry guns.

The fact that they would get on a board and brag about this type of behavior is surprising.

The fact that others would give the person a slap on the back and chuckle for this disgusting behavior is even more shocking.

I wish we could find a place for all the macho, swaggering, reactionary hotheads to move to so they could punch, kick, and shoot each other silly while the rest of us live in peace.

I certainly don't want them in Wisconsin.

Jogeephus":3baoynz1 said:
Next time though, try calling the highway patrol and report them for road rage or making terroristic threats.
Which, of course, would be an utter lie..
Upon stopping them, they would probably have to answer for drug charges as well.
....because all and only tree huggers do drugs.

Charlie Daniels sang a song about having long hair, how he liked to "lay around in the shade" (under a tree :eek: , I presume) and would "get stoned in the morning."

Reckon he's a treehugger?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let the law do their job.
If their job is to get dangerous drivers off the road -- and I'm pretty sure it is -- then I agree. They need to get "icandoit" off the road before he runs over someone I know.
To me, that is what Jesus meant.
Right..

Jesus wants us to lie to the cops in order to have people arrested for things they never even did just because we don't like the stickers they put on their cars.

Forgive me for saying so, but you should probably spend less time reading this forum and more time reading your Bible if you think that's what Jesus is about.

Latest posts