It was a dark and stormy night, uh, morning...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Rain! Glorious rain! I'm so proud I could bust. It was starting to look like the dustbowl out there.

its raining here in north east texas as well.i woke up an you could see puddles.an it sure is cool this morning.ill work in the rain this morning.

Oh Lammie I am so happy for you. It is suppose to start raining here today. I pray god doesn't pass us up this time. It seems everytime we are on the tail end of the rains that come thru.

I'm glad to see someone getting the wet stuff. :D The weathermen here have teased us for a couple of weeks now. They say we'll have another chance later this week; maybe even some rain-snow mix. :eek: It was 72 degrees about 5pm yesterday when that front moved through from the north. Within 20 minutes, it was down to 55 and fell through the night. 35 degrees this morning. 30-35 mph wind from the north. Not a good morning for humans and dogs. The cows don't care.

1982vett":18le2a6s said:
Promises. Promises. :p

Be glad with that story comes to town.

You are kidding me? I know we needed rain, but yall are way worse off. This was the first rain we'd had in a month anyway. Now maybe my taters will poch out.

And no, that's not slang for anything...

Frankie, the temps dropped while I was asleep. I left the windows open in the dining room last night. I had a surprise waiting for me.

Vette, you want I should come down your way and wash my truck? Maybe park it at the Walmart and leave the windows open?

Lammie":vre7tkzt said:
Vette, you want I should come down your way and wash my truck? Maybe park it at the Walmart and leave the windows open?

I'm willing to try anything but I'd rather you park it in my pastures. Walmart is 3 miles away, to far, been missed by many rains by less than a half mile already. How about a raindance, would you be up for that? Nothing I've tried has worked. Been meaning to try Jogee's suggestion but can't get the spit to hit the circle. To much wind and it evaporates before it hits the ground. :lol:

Fertilizer spreaders have been up and down the road the past few days, I even got the itch but kept my money in my pockets. Nothing chases a chance of rain away like putting out several thousand dollars worth of fertilizer. Besides, it won't do much good if it doesn't rain for another 4 weeks afterwards. Going to make do with what is left over from last year till conditions prove it is worth the risk.

Radar has most of the state lit up. Lee and Burleson still seem to be untouched by any precipitation. At least it looks like we might still be able to catch at least a shower before it gets blown away. Need something, I've got several heifers that must be waiting for worse weather before they have their calves.

1982vett":37ad2lvg said:
Lammie":37ad2lvg said:

I'm willing to try anything but I'd rather you park it in my pastures. Walmart is 3 miles away, to far, been missed by many rains by less than a half mile already. How about a raindance, would you be up for that? Nothing I've tried has worked. Been meaning to try Jogee's suggestion but can't get the spit to hit the circle. To much wind and it evaporates before it hits the ground. :lol:

Fertilizer spreaders have been up and down the road the past few days, I even got the itch but kept my money in my pockets. Nothing chases a chance of rain away like putting out several thousand dollars worth of fertilizer. Besides, it won't do much good if it doesn't rain for another 4 weeks afterwards. Going to make do with what is left over from last year till conditions prove it is worth the risk.

Radar has most of the state lit up. Lee and Burleson still seem to be untouched by any precipitation. At least it looks like we might still be able to catch at least a shower before it gets blown away. Need something, I've got several heifers that must be waiting for worse weather before they have their calves.

Yes, I think that Peg, Alice and I can arrange to do a raindance. I will park my newly washed truck in the middle of your property. Windows down. If you want, I can bring another vehicle. Got Dad's minivan. It has leather seats, so the rain will really be attracted to that.

Remember the Tao of Rain: To speak of the rain is not to know it, Grasshopper. When it gets cloudy, I just go about my biz and try not to think of it. If it starts to sprinkle, I pretend not to see it. If it rains, we are forbidden to say, "Look, it's raining!"

Been praying for it up here by Greenville guys, and got it good this morning, as stated, the whole state is "lit-up". I've also been prayin for y'all down central too. I know it's much much worse down there. I had one stock pond dry, oe with about a foot left in it and the largest one (acre) is down 5 feet. looks like those pools are catchin some today though! The little bit of ryegrass that did come up was dry enough to burn. hoping for a green-up. As someone stated, won't do no good if it goes another month without any.

Hope it's a break-out for the rest of spring.

heck, I'll send you all some snow. You can have your moisture and I can get rid of the snowbanks and avoid mud season :?

Wish I could send you folks some of ours. Got 3 inches early last night in about 3 hours. Had a tornado about 15 mi away and, of course, flash floods all around us. After that went through the back side of the front brought 40-50 mph winds. The house rattled all night but, thankfully, no damage here. Temp was 68 when I got home from work last night and 17 when I got up this morning. Pretty typical March weather around here. I truly hope you folks that need rain get it soon.

We got the front in here about 1:30 last night.. had a little over an inch in the rain gauge on the way into the office at 9:00 this morning, and almost 2 inches when I got home this evening. Chances here through tomorrow, and they're predicting up to 3 inches. Whohoo! It's getting green here already!

We took a quick trip over the weekend up to Wisconsin to pick up a toy, and Monday morning it was 34 degrees there, and all their rivers were way over their banks. They said they'd had plenty of rain and cold this winter. Of course, they also thought temps in the 30's were warm... :???:

Lammie":254m6v6a said:
Remember the Tao of Rain: To speak of the rain is not to know it, Grasshopper. When it gets cloudy, I just go about my biz and try not to think of it. If it starts to sprinkle, I pretend not to see it. If it rains, we are forbidden to say, "Look, it's raining!"

:???: Never heard such talk. :D But just in case..........

Lammie":254m6v6a said:
Yes, I think that Peg, Alice and I can arrange to do a raindance. I will park my newly washed truck in the middle of your property. Windows down. If you want, I can bring another vehicle. Got Dad's minivan. It has leather seats, so the rain will really be attracted to that.

Y'all are good, just the threat of a _ _ _ _dance got things going. Thanks. (I'll report on how much later, It is 4:30 in the morning and I'm trying to ignore it so it doesn't stop) :D

It is still raining this morning. I hope you get more rain, Vette. I wish it wasn't so cold but I will take anything I can get. March can be a freaky cold month here. April can, too. I was driving around yesterday and it was downright dangerous on the roads due to the rain, wind and idiots. I fear the idiots far more than the rain.

I was just watching the weather and the weather guy said we are at least 7inches behind in rain...we are getting just a little right now but just enough to settle the dust...but 2morrow we have I think a 80% chance so my fingers are crossed that we get the rain

I hope you get all the rain you are looking for. I can't wait until the sun comes out and it starts to green up. Still raining here.

I fed out in the rain last night. Always fun. Made a fast trip of it as I had to put out more hay for the donks and Gus, the herdsire. I figure the chickens can drink puddle water until it dries up enough for me to get to them. I did throw some scratch.

Yet another reason why I don't post on the backyard chicken forum...

Sloshed out and checked the gauge this morning early. We already had 4.8 inches of rain and more forcasts. Tank is already full and running over the spillway. Farmers are probably still dancing in the fields. :)

TexasBred":3q6b26sc said:
Sloshed out and checked the gauge this morning early. We already had 4.8 inches of rain and more forcasts. Tank is already full and running over the spillway. Farmers are probably still dancing in the fields. :)
Dang! :shock: That sound great. Makes our 1 inch sound like we were on the dry side again. It is still drizzling some and radar shows some more on the way. Might top out about 1 1/4. Just checked back on figures, this is the second time since May 15 in we got more than 1 inch in 24 hrs. Ike, if you remember, brought us 1 6/10ths. No puddles or runnoff here yet.

Lammie":3q6b26sc said:
It is still raining this morning. I hope you get more rain, Vette. I wish it wasn't so cold but I will take anything I can get. March can be a freaky cold month here. April can, too. I was driving around yesterday and it was downright dangerous on the roads due to the rain, wind and idiots. I fear the idiots far more than the rain.

Yep, lights went out last night just before 10PM. It was beginning to get a bit foggy. Haven't heard anything, but the first thing I though was someone clipped a light pole.

checked our rain gauge this morning an had 3.6in of rain.hopefully thats putting some water in the pools.

I don't know how much rain we have gotten so far, but I bet it is close to six inches. Still pouring. I like this and all, just maybe not all at once.

Vette, you getting any of this. I sure hope so. Today would have been a good day to stay home and build a fire. Maybe roast a little sugar glider on a stick...

Latest posts