It takes a 1000 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
If you could live 1000 years how would you spend each century? The human life span is but a blink. We live only long enough to realize that life is too short. I am a dreamer. I often dream of how I would like to spend my life if I could live for a 1000 years. Breaking it down by century this is how I would spend my time.

1st century: Go back in time and experience in body the geological and biological history of this planet. I would spend time in each geological period. The Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous. Cenozoic.

2nd century. Go back in time to the cradle of mankind and observe the ancestors of Homo sapiens. To observe our most recent ancestors in their natural habitat: Kenyanthropus platyops, Australopithecus afarensis, Paranthropus boisei, Homo habilis, Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, and Homo neanderthalensis. These primates are only known to us by fossils mostly cephalic fossils.

3rd Century. Live in ancient Mesopotamian in the middle East during the greatest period of discovery that our species has ever known.

4th Century. Be a professional hunter in East Africa during the romantic period of the African Safari.

5th Century. Study and teach evolutionary Anthropology.

6th Century. Study and teach Herpetology with a specialty in venomous serpents.

7th Century. Breed and Raise Simmental cattle.

8th. Century. Be a father again and raise 3 children that would be as enjoyable and as easy to raise as my son was.

9th Century. Be a TV evangelical preacher. Make millions of dollars off of saving lost souls. Fly around in a private jet and laugh at the poor saps who are paying for it all.

10th Century. Rest from 900 hundred years of living my dreams.

The Twilight Zone had an episode similar to that. The lead character couldn't be killed or die naturally. He was perpetually mid 40's and quite miserable. He described the sadness of falling in love and starting families only to watch each wife grow old and die as well as the sorrow of seeing his children pass away while he lived on and on. He was trapped in his private he!! on earth.

Come to think of it you'd do great in that role.

TennesseeTuxedo":3kd9t7pt said:
The Twilight Zone had an episode similar to that. The lead character couldn't be killed or die naturally. He was perpetually mid 40's and quite miserable. He described the sadness of falling in love and starting families only to watch each wife grow old and die as well as the sorrow of seeing his children pass away while he lived on and on. He was trapped in his private he!! on earth.

Larry. Why did you come back? Just to aggravate me. Lol

Bright Raven":3k6q4uqc said:
If you could live 1000 years how would you spend each century? The human life span is but a blink. We live only long enough to realize that life is too short. I am a dreamer. I often dream of how I would like to spend my life if I could live for a 1000 years. Breaking it down by century this is how I would spend my time.

You itching for some mental sparring tonight?

1st century: Go back in time and experience in body the geological and biological history of this planet. I would spend time in each geological period. The Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous. Cenozoic.

You get eaten by a velociraptor.

2nd century. Go back in time to the cradle of mankind and observe the ancestors of Homo sapiens. To observe our most recent ancestors in their natural habitat: Kenyanthropus platyops, Australopithecus afarensis, Paranthropus boisei, Homo habilis, Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, and Homo neanderthalensis. These primates are only known to us by fossils mostly cephalic fossils.

You get clubbed to death, or die of some disease you don't have the immune system to tolerate.

3rd Century. Live in ancient Mesopotamian in the middle East during the greatest period of discovery that our species has ever known.

You die of a snake bite gathering sedge to make papyrus.

4th Century. Be a professional hunter in East Africa during the romantic period of the African Safari.

You will fair well here. We have seen the pics as proof.

5th Century. Study and teach evolutionary Anthropology.

You are murdered by religious zealots.

6th Century. Study and teach Herpetology with a specialty in venomous serpents.

You die of herpes! (The shame, i couldnt resist.)

7th Century. Breed and Raise Simmental cattle.

You die in a stampede of precursors to the black Angus.

8th. Century. Be a father again and raise 3 children that would be as enjoyable and as easy to raise as my son was.

You need to cube that number!

9th Century. Be a TV evangelical preacher. Make millions of dollars off of saving lost souls. Fly around in a private jet and laugh at the poor saps who are paying for it all.

While laughing, you choke on a chicken bone at 30,000 feet...guess who is waiting???

10th Century. Rest from 900 hundred years of living my dreams.

So be it.

In all seriousness, interesting concept. One I will have to mull over a while.
Sorry, my responses are embedded in your post.

TennesseeTuxedo":537ytmph said:

Almost like 'The Green Mile'.

Revelation 20:1-6
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

That's how I would like to spend my 1000 years.

You think you would survive the last 4 of those?
What you have against pre-Cambrian?

greybeard":bo0yokhk said:
You think you would survive the last 4 of those?
What you have against pre-Cambrian?

The first one (Cambrian) and before would be the challenge without SCUBA. The atmosphere was not what it is today. First rock evidence of atmospheric oxygen was 2.4–2.3 billion years ago. Yet, by the Cambrian Period there was still not enough atmospheric oxygen to sustain higher aerobic organisms. The first detailed vascular plant fossils appear in rocks from middle Silurian, about 425 million years ago. So the oxygen factory was not in full production until much later. That answers the question of why I avoided going Precambrian.

The last one - Cenozoic - is not technically a "Period". It is a geologic "Era". We currently live in the Cenozoic. If I remember my biological etymology, Ceno means present or recent time.

There was the Great Depression, we all know about that but few know about the Great Oxygen Event (GOE).

The evidence is that free oxygen was first produced by photosynthetic organisms (prokaryotic, then eukaryotic) which emitted oxygen as a waste product. These organisms lived long before the GOE, perhaps 3500 million years ago (mya). The oxygen they produced would have quickly been removed from the atmosphere by the 'mass rusting' which led to the deposition of banded-iron formations. Oxygen only began to persist in the atmosphere in small quantities shortly (~50 million years) before the start of the GOE. Without a draw-down, oxygen would accumulate very rapidly. At today's rates of photosynthesis (which are much greater than those in the land-plant-free Precambrian), modern atmospheric O2 levels could be produced in around 2,000 years.

Bright Raven":360wbhxf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":360wbhxf said:

Larry. Why did you come back? Just to aggravate me. Lol

It has been rumored.

Bright Raven":3q1cha68 said:
ALACOWMAN":3q1cha68 said:
Preachers can't save lost souls....thankfully.

Tell that to those who send them their money. :D
Saw where the "Right Reverend Creflo Dollar (yes Dollar) spend $85 million on a new private jet so he can spread the word faster. His wife's name is Taffy. Got one of those "name it and claim it get rich quick" ministries on TV. Quiet talented at misleading the masses.

TexasBred":1yslj96n said:
Bright Raven":1yslj96n said:
ALACOWMAN":1yslj96n said:
Preachers can't save lost souls....thankfully.

Saw where the "Right Reverend Creflo Dollar (yes Dollar) spend $85 million on a new private jet so he can spread the word faster. His wife's name is Taffy. Got one of those "name it and claim it get rich quick" ministries on TV. Quiet talented at misleading the masses.

Selling the masses immortality. It is legal. Too bad the sheep don't donate the money to a reputable charity.

Mr. And Mrs. Dollar. Yes. Dollar.

2e542o3.jpg

Bright Raven":35in9go7 said:
TexasBred":35in9go7 said:
Bright Raven":35in9go7 said:

Selling the masses immortality. It is legal. Too bad the sheep don't donate the money to a reputable charity.

Anyone dumb enough to think they can buy their way into heaven doesn't deserve to have money.

Could you just be a pirate for a thousand years?

Latest posts