It really is a great country...another example

Help Support CattleToday:

Which is why it is so hard to sell to individuals. Fertilizer costs are through the roof to get horse quality hay. The horse folks want you to sell it to them at a loss. They expect you to drive 23 miles to sell them $40 worth of hay. You're better off selling it to feed stores and letting the feed stores mark it up. They don't bat an eye at the feed store prices.

angie":1b9bttwi said:
1982vett":1b9bttwi said:
Ya don't feed $7 - 8 dollar hay to cows or goats......you feed it to (pet) horses. ;-)
Forget the horses, at that price my kids better learn to like it.
Angie it's usually just $3 hay marked up just for the horse folks. If it's cheap they think it's no good..AND half the time if you're not careful the dam check will bounce anyway so you're collecting for your troubles in advance. ;-) A friend sells thousands of bales to big horse operations. Same stuff he feeds his cattle. Good hay but still not worth double which is what he charges them. I've seen plain old horses eating round bales, bales of wheat straw and sudan and the horse does well...the cowboy is just not real proud for us to see it in his pasture and he'd rather talke about $10 hay than $3 hay.

Horse folks need 2 bales of high quality hay to put up there on the trailer rack when they go for a trail riding weekend. The bales are like jewelry--there to impress. The horse probably likes those weekends, since it is eating sawdust at home. :)

Less just legalize it, Grow your own....For medical reasons of corse.......

Red Bull Breeder":2oe7tv7z said:
Who gets to supply the medical weed?

On the west coast, I think local governments issue licenses for medical pot growers. Supply of licenses is limited, meaning your political contributions should be generous. Even with a limited number of licenses, I read that the price of illegal pot has collapsed. NPR reported that many illegal growers in N CA had last years crop still in their possession. All the "medical" stuff has collapsed prices. Ag Economics 101 is still valid. Supply and demand will meet at a price near the cost of production.
I think legalization is inevitable for all states. Outright legalization in the more liberal states, a "medical" route in more conservative states. Like gambling, if a neighboring state permits sales your state will see a big outflow of dollars. So the pressure is strong. Potential tax revenue is enticing.
It is insane that the poor would be subsidized to buy medical mary jane. Are we scared to death that people who receive benefits will riot if the drugs are withdrawn?

alftn":2dx89p4c said:

What are all the organized crime folks going to do if you legalize such things? No pay-offs for you know who. What will money launderers do? You'd put all those low lifes in the unemployment category. Hoodlems would not have to steal to support their habbits. If there is a decrease in crime, what are the cops going to do for a living? Bail bondsmen and lawyers out of work too.

backhoeboogie":149au547 said:
alftn":149au547 said:

What are all the organized crime folks going to do if you legalize such things? No pay-offs for you know who. What will money launderers do? You'd put all those low lifes in the unemployment category. Hoodlems would not have to steal to support their habbits. If there is a decrease in crime, what are the cops going to do for a living? Bail bondsmen and lawyers out of work too.

I say we bite the bullet and put those people on the unemployment rolls too. If I start growing the stuff someone is going to have to test it before it gets shipped out.

Walt

I want me one of them licenses to grow the medical stuff. Wonder who supplies the seed for the medical weed?? Good seed is hard to come by around here, or so i have been told. I have been told other stuff about growing weed but was a long time ago.

Txwalt":18iwct0t said:
I say we bite the bullet and put those people on the unemployment rolls too. If I start growing the stuff someone is going to have to test it before it gets shipped out.

Walt

I know a fella whose not doing to much these days that you might get to help with this. Of course he says he doesn't inhale.

Red Bull Breeder":18iwct0t said:
Good seed is hard to come by around here, or so i have been told. I have been told other stuff about growing weed but was a long time ago.

Can order all kinds of cultivars from amsterdam.

Think i no the guy you are talking about Jo, think he might have pull to keep hisself out of trouble but might leave me a hanging. Not to trusting of those kind of folks, even if he is from Arkansas. Don't think getting seed threw the mail is my kind of deal either. I have had a bit of a education in this area.

RBB "Wonder who supplies the seed for the medical weed?? "
Probably Monsanto or Dupont. :lol2:
I wonder if it is Roundup Ready or otherwise GMO.
This could be interesting how this develops.

Jalopy":2rx6etmb said:
RBB "Wonder who supplies the seed for the medical weed?? "
Probably Monsanto or Dupont. :lol2:
I wonder if it is Roundup Ready or otherwise GMO.
This could be interesting how this develops.

Wonder how they will do their technology fee. Will it be by the joint or the ounce? :lol2:

backhoeboogie":2xdexobo said:

Well, maybe they could then find room in the jails for the level 3 sex offenders they let roam the neighborhoods, knowing full well they will re-offend. But no, better to keep the potheads and their suppliers locked up.

How many times are we going to try prohibition that doesn't work?