It must really be spring

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Just walked a half mile of fence in the next pasture to move the cows to and came out with ticks climbing all ove me.

dun

Another reason to raise Brahmans. :roll:

Just kidding, but they do help get rid of ticks, haven't had a tick on me in years. When we first got here it was a daily ritual to check for ticks.

dun":dbpe0vov said:
Just walked a half mile of fence in the next pasture to move the cows to and came out with ticks climbing all ove me.

dun

Dun,
You've got a shipment of cattle egrets in the mail as we speak. Be on the lookout.

dun":1a122o6f said:

dun

I'll send you a pile of my fireants, you want have a tick problem shortly after there arrival.

i had a horsefly on my window in my truck this afternoon. had the ticks on me too already.

Sorry you are too late, my fire ants are already in the mail to him. :lol2:

quote="Campground Cattle"]
dun":2ldryvah said:

dun

I'll send you a pile of my fireants, you want have a tick problem shortly after there arrival.[/quote]

cherokeeruby":1qjafcek said:

dun":1qjafcek said:

dun

I'll send you a pile of my fireants, you want have a tick problem shortly after there arrival.
[/quote]

I'll send you mine then so you can replensish your inventory. I wouldn't want you to run short. As fast as mine multipy I would never miss a few million.

No, but thanks for the offer.

What happened to the Fireflies, did the fireants took care of them?

Campground Cattle":1xov2x0k said:
cherokeeruby":1xov2x0k said:

dun":1xov2x0k said:

dun

I'll send you mine then so you can replensish your inventory. I wouldn't want you to run short. As fast as mine multipy I would never miss a few million.[/quote]

cherokeeruby":2bdbveo5 said:
No, but thanks for the offer.

What happened to the Fireflies, did the fireants took care of them?

Campground Cattle":2bdbveo5 said:
cherokeeruby":2bdbveo5 said:

dun":2bdbveo5 said:

dun

I'll send you mine then so you can replensish your inventory. I wouldn't want you to run short. As fast as mine multipy I would never miss a few million.
[/quote]

fireflies have made a comeback in our area (& it's not because the fire ant population has decreased :lol: ). i'll also be happy to send fire ants to anyone who would like some......i'll even pay the postage!!

I'ld rather see a video of you trying to catch them in get them in a shipping container. Now that would be an action movie.

txag":23f3jux5 said:
i'll also be happy to send fire ants to anyone who would like some......i'll even pay the postage!!

To me, the most frustrating perasite is the horsefly. Other then minimizing them by trying to keep their breeding places dry, there just isn't anything much that can be done. Have you ever been stabbed by one of those things? I think they're worse then hornet/wasp stings.

dun

cattletom":3h2esrx2 said:
building a new house right now and it was full of horse flies while working last nite

Mosquitos already buzzing around here. Fireants never went away. 60's in the morning, 80's during the day. Ocean is beginning to calm. Cows already soaking up shade instead of sun.

Between the fire ants, horseflies, every other fly, Africanized bees, mosquitoes, etc. it makes me wish we could still get some of the outlawed chemicals (i.e. stuff that really worked).

Craig-TX

Like Cloradane for instance?

dun

Craig-TX":3a6lb91l said:
Between the fire ants, horseflies, every other fly, Africanized bees, mosquitoes, etc. it makes me wish we could still get some of the outlawed chemicals (i.e. stuff that really worked).

Craig-TX

Latest posts