It must pay to procrastinate

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I'd just like to welcome you to my world. A world where Murphy rules and Incompetance is rewarded with wonderful pension plans, retirement, paid vacations and great health insurance ... oh ... and affirmative action.

I got a nice letter from the state department of revenue demanding that I pay a penalty of $569 for a late payment on payroll taxes. After spending about two hours in the office and pulling all the payroll records I found that I did not pay the taxes 30 days late as they claim but I paid them 30 days early. The federal forms and the state forms clearly show this and even the cancelled check I mailed them cleared the bank 20 days sooner than the deadline. I tried calling the state to work this out but I couldn't find anyone who knew that four came after three. Seems they all think foe does. So I've threw my hands in the air and turned it over to my accountant to resolve but I'm sure he will require some compensation as well.

I try to be efficient in my work cause I have no other choice. The only time I intentionally procrastinate is when I manually lower the booms on the sprayer - I always put the left side down last even though I get to it first. Oh well, maybe I'm doing that wrong too.

Jogeephus":knlumae1 said:
I'd just like to welcome you to my world. A world where Murphy rules and Incompetance is rewarded with wonderful pension plans, retirement, paid vacations and great health insurance ... oh ... and affirmative action.

I got a nice letter from the state department of revenue demanding that I pay a penalty of $569 for a late payment on payroll taxes. After spending about two hours in the office and pulling all the payroll records I found that I did not pay the taxes 30 days late as they claim but I paid them 30 days early. The federal forms and the state forms clearly show this and even the cancelled check I mailed them cleared the bank 20 days sooner than the deadline. I tried calling the state to work this out but I couldn't find anyone who knew that four came after three. Seems they all think foe does. So I've threw my hands in the air and turned it over to my accountant to resolve but I'm sure he will require some compensation as well.

I try to be efficient in my work cause I have no other choice. The only time I intentionally procrastinate is when I manually lower the booms on the sprayer - I always put the left side down last even though I get to it first. Oh well, maybe I'm doing that wrong too.

Jogee I bet you put the same leg into your pants first too. I know I always do. Same for shoes.

Anybody you talk to on the phone in Atlanta about any state administered tax of any kind is going to be an affirmative action hire that is utterly uncaring about whatever problems their incompetence has caused you. They do not hear what you're saying. Best to reply by mail.

The problem is you haven;t paid in advance for the next time. You've set a bad precedent of paying early so now they expect all payments early

I had a similar experience with social security. Dad had one check get lost, fine, I had them direct deopsited. Then after Mother passed, I got another check and thinking it was a death benefit, I deposited it. Well, SS wanted it back. Fine, I wrote them a check. Got a confirmation in the mail. Just last week, they electronically debeted the same amount from Dad's account and now his check for his applied income at the NH bounced... They say he won't get another check intil August.

The best part? I have the confirmation letter and cancelled check, but they don't want to deal with me because even though I am Dad's POA I am not his representative payee. I haven't had need for it yet. They want to talk to him. The man who is in state 5 of Alzheimers and sometimes does not know who I am... Aint gonna happen. I hate to say it, but those people are dicks.

ga. prime":3kjuomik said:
Anybody you talk to on the phone in Atlanta about any state administered tax of any kind is going to be an affirmative action hire that is utterly uncaring about whatever problems their incompetence has caused you. They do not hear what you're saying. Best to reply by mail.

Sounds like Georgia hires from the same applicant pool as Alabama.
Tom.

kerley":21udauq8 said:
ga. prime":21udauq8 said:

Tom.

Yes, I'm sure they do, as required by law. Competence or qualifications other than race, creed, sex, religion, or country of origin are a detriment to being hired. That's affirmitive action.

kerley":1f1u95xy said:
ga. prime":1f1u95xy said:

Tom.

Texas does as well and there is no deep end in that gene pool, just bird bath deep.

Since I have proof that I paid it 30 days early and not 30 days late do you think they will give me $569 back for paying early? Sounds fair to me. :nod:

Caustic Burno":2ohbqy5i said:
kerley":2ohbqy5i said:
ga. prime":2ohbqy5i said:

Tom.

Texas does as well and there is no deep end in that gene pool, just bird bath deep.

Ohio does too, hmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here. Don't worry, rest easy, soon you'll be getting that same fine service when you need parts for your GM vehicle.

Larry

larryshoat":3mbkbh4g said:
Don't worry, rest easy, soon you'll be getting that same fine service when you need parts for your GM vehicle.

Consistency is a good thing. Yes?

I'm beginning to wonder if they are not just fishing for more tax dollars. Maybe $569 is not a lot of money to some and they would just as soon pay it rather than enter the gauntlet of frustration.

Jogeephus":1fucl3l9 said:
larryshoat":1fucl3l9 said:
Don't worry, rest easy, soon you'll be getting that same fine service when you need parts for your GM vehicle.

Consistency is a good thing. Yes?

I'm beginning to wonder if they are not just fishing for more tax dollars. Maybe $569 is not a lot of money to some and they would just as soon pay it rather than enter the gauntlet of frustration.
I think that's true a lot of times, like with cell phone companies and insurance companies and the like, they know you'll pay it rather than go to the trouble to fight it.

Larry

kerley":2ue9tndz said:
Tom.

And that pool is pretty much a cess pool. You know, when we get up to around 10 % unemployment, many times it's a better thing. At this rate, more of those people that should not be employeed get turned loose to seek employment elsewhere. It's just a shame that they are all hired by the feds and the state.

Latest posts