It just didn't work out

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I had an appointment today with a young girl who wanted me to consider a business arrangement. She shows up promptly at the agreed hour but comes in wearing a black tee shirt that says "He77 was full so they sent me back" and she had what looked like a ten penny nail driven thru her tongue which impaired her speech to some degree. I can't remember anything she said cause I kept wondering Why (the shirt) How (she got that nail) How much did it hurt. Why? Are there others? Then I'm thinking about how that nail is gradually nicking the enamel off her teeth and wondering how long it will be before she needs some serious dental work. I still can't remember much of what she said and darn sure don't remember what I said - if anything. I just know whatever it was it just didn't work out.

I am right there with you.

I even have the same problem paying attention if someone has something stuck between their teeth, or whatever, that may distract my attention. I have come to tell someone about whatever the distraction is so they can deal with it. That way, I will pay attention to what they have to say.

Otherwise, my attention is NOT on the one thing that it should be.

I guess if I were in your situation. I would of stopped her from the get-go. Laid a life lesson on her, and given her the chance, if she wanted it, to re-plead her case after she got her act together. Granted, you are not to judge a book by their cover... but why not put forth the best cover available. Especially if you are going to be in the public eye...

ALWAYS, dress for the position you want, NOT the position your in.

Michele

It is really amazing how some people dress and look when trying to do business. They can make all the "fashion" statements they want, but I don't have to pay for them.

heard a funny regarding this , these are the kind of girls you want to date because you already know they will obviously do things they may regret in the morning !

really! was she hot and thats what distracted you or was it the new generation mutilations. did ya get any pics for us....

dieselbeef":3erdwuvb said:
really! was she hot and thats what distracted you or was it the new generation mutilations. did ya get any pics for us....

Hot? Come to think of it I don't know cause I was too distracted by all the hardware. You know if you did this to a dog they'd lock you up. Go figure. I guess I should have celebrated her uniqueness. :roll:

comon joe..young..tongue piercing..black tee..she WAS hot wasnt she..thats why you didnt get anything done..isnt it..comon...comon now :banana:

Jogeephus":2sycspd1 said:
dieselbeef":2sycspd1 said:

Hot? Come to think of it I don't know cause I was too distracted by all the hardware. You know if you did this to a dog they'd lock you up. Go figure. I guess I should have celebrated her uniqueness. :roll:
Jo, I'm about to start worrying a little bout you. Was she built so nicely that her "Hardware" intimidated you? :D

The problem was that she was TOO HOT and joe knew that it would cause problems between him and the Misses!
The real question is - just what kind of 'business arrangement' were you two considering???

happens to me all the time.......................

this thread has ben officially derailed...thank you very much.....

pics of the business associate jo??

I don't understand what has happened to basic decor in this country. People don't even try to dress anymore. Not for interniews, not for funerals or weddings!!! My son has commented several times on the lack of formal dress at several services he has worked.

When I was a supervisor, I really didn't care what you did on the weekends, or what kinda crap you had on your face, but you better be all business at work, crap out, tats covered. One of my best employees was a guy who was a moving picture show and he had a good fifteen piercings, that I could see... But he took it all out at work and looked fairly presentable. Tee shirts with offensive stuff on them are a definite NO for interviews.

You think it is the kids who are shameful looking, and then you see their parents... same thing.

Went to a funeral recently and the man's only grandson showed up in a t-shirt with a great big beer commercial of some kind on it.

Green Creek":14y5guhw said:
Went to a funeral recently and the man's only grandson showed up in a t-shirt with a great big beer commercial of some kind on it.
hey. if i didnt know you were from missouri.. id think you might have been at one of my kinfolks funeral's :lol:

grannysoo":o1iyxn3o said:
I think that Jo is blushing a little by now......

Young, hot, hardware, t-shirt. She got the best of him.

That is my guess, too. I wonder what Jo said in the "help wanted" ad that led this creature to his office.

In steps the Gunney (Clint Eastwood - Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway) grab her by that hardware.... Like he did with that other Marines earring.... The rest is history....
But they are just trying to express their individuality... :?:
Chuck

Just Curious":ycccsigm said:
In steps the Gunney (Clint Eastwood - Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway) grab her by that hardware.... Like he did with that other Marines earring.... The rest is history....
But they are just trying to express their individuality... :?:
Chuck
You are an individual on your own time not on someone elses.

Latest posts