It is raining in NW Arkansas

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score
It is finally raining in NW Arkansas - :clap: but eek there is also lightning everyone keep their prayers coming for no fires and for continued rain - (let's prove the drought forecasters wrong)

of course we are shipping chickens tonite
but hey - I won't complain - we need the rain so badly - we were starting to get dust clouds when the sparrows landed! :shock:

The new calves must be confused about the wet stuff falling out of the sky! Shoot the older calves are probably confused it has been so long since we got any rain!

mdmdogs3":5mkqo6mc said:
It is finally raining in NW Arkansas -

That is good news! Now, if it will just keep going in the right direction and give Oklahoma and Texas a much needed drink! Please Lord?

Got about a tenth of an inch around 4 this morning....I was so excited, I got out of bed just to listen to it! May not do much for this drought, but at least it'll water the rye a bit. I'll take it and run!

It started raining here around 10:00 last night and was still raining when I woke up during the night. Don't know how much because I haven't got the gauge up yet.

Of course I had just bought some furniture and was going to leave it in the truck overnight because of course it wasn't going to rain. Had to get it in during the sprinkles but it was worth it.

Chris

I would just like to say congratulations to that recieved or are recieving rain. That is great news!

mdmdogs3":1yav5mjb said:
It is finally raining in NW Arkansas - :clap: but eek there is also lightning everyone keep their prayers coming for no fires and for continued rain - (let's prove the drought forecasters wrong)

of course we are shipping chickens tonite
but hey - I won't complain - we need the rain so badly - we were starting to get dust clouds when the sparrows landed! :shock:

The new calves must be confused about the wet stuff falling out of the sky! Shoot the older calves are probably confused it has been so long since we got any rain!

I'm happy for you. When you get enough, please send some down our way.

Whats really wierd is its raining today up here by the Canadian border :shock: On January 10th- who'd a thunk it? Last year on this date the high was 19 Below.......

Oldtimer":do0pjmnq said:
Whats really wierd is its raining today up here by the Canadian border :shock: On January 10th- who'd a thunk it? Last year on this date the high was 19 Below.......

70 degrees and sunny here today. Weird winter!

We ended up with about 6 inched of snow but now the sun is out and almost 40 degrees.

Good bye snow hello moisture. :D

No rain here in Titus county Texas. No rain for this year yet. 20 miles away in Morris county, they got an inch.... :(

TR.. you got lucky! We had lightning and thunder and that was about it. Looked like it was a strip running south of Falls County towards Limestone.

Glad to hear some of ya'll have gotten some! No more chances here for at least the next week. :(

Well, the dirt wasn't even wet when I went outside to check things out. Sure sounded good on that tin roof though, and it was better than the teasing you seem to have gotten.

We got our first rain since august. I'm just glad the weather liars were wrong. They called for up to 5 incvhes of snow but instead we got 1 inch of rain and no snow.

dun

I"m glad for all of you in the drought. I had heard also dun that you all were expecting 5-8 inches of snow....

we got 2 inches of rain.

MoGal":31f7l4xa said:
I"m glad for all of you in the drought. I had heard also dun that you all were expecting 5-8 inches of snow....

we got 2 inches of rain.

Thankfully the weather liars were wrong again. Instead of snow we got 1 inch of rain. Not much but it's somethign anyway. But it's better then last year when we got 15 inches in January and that was pretty mmuch it for a couple of months.

dun

With so many people short of rain I shouldn't complain but we are now in our 24th day straight of rain. That is the third most on record for straight days of rain. The record in Seattle is 33 straight days with measurable rainfall. That was set over 50 years ago. It is looking like we are going to break that record. There are trees falling over because the ground is so saturated that their roots wont hold. I am beginning to think about building an Ark. I just need to figure out those measurements. I think it was 40 cubits by 60 cubits..... and I have a tough time with metric.
Dave