It is COLD!

Help Support CattleToday:

well its headed for the mid 90s to 100 here.so no need for sleeves.i barely do wear a thin coat in the winter here.

Shut up, John! I was breaking sweat at eight this morning. I don't want to hear about it. I'll be bragging when it is seventy degrees here at Thanksgiving. I just don't want to hear about it. :D

OOOOH HUSH!! It's about 200 degrees with 89 percent humidity!!! Gadzooks but it's hot the grass is past brown and crackeles when stepped on. cracks in the ground you can hear the Olimpic theam from!!
Too hot for me to spell good!!

Are you still taking trips to the pond to dust off the catfish?

Do you birds pull worms out of the ground with potholders?

Do your trees follow the dogs around?

Lammie":3uowyuwv said:
Shut up, John! I was breaking sweat at eight this morning. I don't want to hear about it. I'll be bragging when it is seventy degrees here at Thanksgiving. I just don't want to hear about it. :D

I was raised to think women don't sweat.
I'm wrong?
Seriously, we are seeing mid-seventies for a few hours afternoon. Low 60's overnite. I am sleeping soooo good with the windows open and one blanket. These are October temps.

Calman":2bjs5td2 said:
My wifey says a woman perspires and a man sweats.

Cal

I prefer the term "dewy" over perspire, but when I have been watering chickens and feeding calves and donkeys, then pick peas for a while, I sweat. There just really isn't any other word for it when you feel that bead of perspiration go down your butt crack.

Sorry so graphic.

And John, SHUT UP.

Lammie":36xs27kk said:
Calman":36xs27kk said:
My wifey says a woman perspires and a man sweats.

Cal

I prefer the term "dewy" over perspire, but when I have been watering chickens and feeding calves and donkeys, then pick peas for a while, I sweat. There just really isn't any other word for it when you feel that bead of perspiration go down your butt crack.

Sorry so graphic.

What I thought too. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Gee we were 78 degrees yesterday. Got down to the 50's last night.
Feels like fall around here.

Lammie sweated in my garden yesterday weeding and picking green beans and digging some potatos.

Weatherbug says it is 78 degrees. Don't often see 78 in central Texas at 2:30 in the afternoon in the middle of August.

It has been cold here too!! For just about a week now! I am tired of rain and chilly temps!! It has been well over a month since the last time I felt the need for the A/C!!

crittercrazy":jfhdeke4 said:
It has been cold here too!! For just about a week now! I am tired of rain and chilly temps!! It has been well over a month since the last time I felt the need for the A/C!!
No way I'd trade places and move to NY, but willing to trade current weather in a heartbeat.

No, but I would definitely give up on NY and come to texas!! i am a southern girl at heart, was born and raised in So. California. But my dear hubby is a true NY'er and not a big fan of the south! :cry2:

crittercrazy":1w6olf1t said:
No, but I would definitely give up on NY and come to texas!! i am a southern girl at heart, was born and raised in So. California. But my dear hubby is a true NY'er and not a big fan of the south! :cry2:

Darlin', you seem nice and probably young enough to be my grandaughter--so just a whisper in your ear: most of the incorrigibles on this board are not going to consider S CA as part of the SOUTH. Except maybe Bakersfield. :)

This weather is just nice to work in , a lot better than 90's and humid , if you think this is cold what are you going to do come winter.

shorty":mumq3ap9 said:
This weather is just nice to work in , a lot better than 90's and humid , if you think this is cold what are you going to do come winter.

Why, he moves his herd down to Florida. His cattle get a nice tan. :D