It is better to buy hay?

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":1zh81xrv said:
I do believer many have been brainwashed (by every Tom, Dick, and Harry selling to the masses) into believing fertilizer will grow grass on a parking lot....for some ground, it's best useful purpose IS a parking lot.

Does an excellent job growing on asphalt parking lots. (contains a lot of nitrogen) :mrgreen:

1982vett":3a4zr47o said:
I do believer many have been brainwashed (by every Tom, Dick, and Harry selling to the masses) into believing fertilizer will grow grass on a parking lot....for some ground, it's best useful purpose IS a parking lot.

Hayfield is just like a woman when you find a good one you have to give it lot's of love and attention or it will up and leave you.

You are dead on about the fertilizer it has to be a hayfield first.
I had a little leased field 7 acre's worst it ever rolled out was 36 roll's 4x5's.
I have gotten 10 roll's to the acre, had to move roll's out of the way to bale.
Many a time on that field had to pull one arm up on the V rake and single rake the grass was just to thick to V rake.
I still have a little four acre field that will kick out 20 4X5's every time.

Neighbor used to want be to bail his 15 acre field always told him I would if he cut it.
I never got over 18 roll's off his hay field.

Unless its spring cleaning I'm not putting my equipment in a field for less than three rolls to the acre. With all things being perfect I shoot for 4.5 rolls/acre but there are times I'll have to raise "horse hay" and get over 10 but that's not what I'm looking for.

TexasBred":1h4idfqj said:
1982vett":1h4idfqj said:

Does an excellent job growing on asphalt parking lots. (contains a lot of nitrogen) :mrgreen:
:lol: ....guess I need to find another analogy

Latest posts