it has been a long time

Help Support CattleToday:

uscangus

Reaction score
boy, i have missed this board. i have not been in this board since last quarter of 2011. sold most of 40 bred cows about 125 to 135 when the bred cows were around 45-50 cents. i waiting for the prices to come to my prices. in my areas, the prices of yearling heifers around 115 with great conformations and bcs and great bred cows around barely 1000. prices will eventually drop due to slow economy and with the collapsed economy in europe and slow down in china and asia. no hurry to acquire at these prices.

seen so many beautiful yearlings heifers and bred cows in the board. hope everyone is making a lot monies at these prices. i enjoy seeing those pictures in this boards and stories. go USC AND LAKERS..............

Welcome back. I often wondered where you were as I enjoyed your posts. I wish I could find some nice BA Cows at fifty cents a pound. Best of luck.

uscangus":h0e3ene6 said:
boy, i have missed this board. i have not been in this board since last quarter of 2011. sold most of 40 bred cows about 125 to 135 when the bred cows were around 45-50 cents. i waiting for the prices to come to my prices. in my areas, the prices of yearling heifers around 115 with great conformations and bcs and great bred cows around barely 1000. prices will eventually drop due to slow economy and with the collapsed economy in europe and slow down in china and asia. no hurry to acquire at these prices.

seen so many beautiful yearlings heifers and bred cows in the board. hope everyone is making a lot monies at these prices. i enjoy seeing those pictures in this boards and stories. go USC AND LAKERS..............

First and most important. GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!...........Lakers are a bunch of entitled, whiney, prima donnas!..just sayin :mrgreen:

Secondly did i hear this right. You are waiting for the economy to collapse to buy back in? If that's when you buy back in who is going to buy your product?

if you notice, the market is tanking due to austerity of europe that was tied to the american collapsed of over leveraged of financial market. since we(the US market) were able to address problem, we were able to amend the market. but in some cases like JP morgan did not learn from previous market. you will see more market to collapse and bad news from europe or the collapse of europe pacts, called PIIGS-portugal, ireland,iceland, greece, and spain-----also Italy. about a month ago, england just annouced that they were going back to recession. then, you hear JP morgan in england or bank of england getting hit from jp morgan. more economic deflation and consumer retrechment of consumer spending.

the bad news is that we will be affected because our financial are intertwined. when you see our dow goes down each day until we see a relief from europe problem- consumer will not feel good. also, china and asia are slowing down. they are also affected in the financial market.

i sold most of my cows last year around 125-135 and felt good since the prices of bred cows were around 45 to 50 cents. i am happy of the prices since i made a little profit. i had 40 bred cows. i wanted to sell and was happy. i know that i will see prices that i could make a profit within a year from the calf from a bred cow if you include the feeds, labor, and the cost of bred dams. i was thought by this board how to make a profit and how to run a business being newbie-then.

once the prices that i see that could make me profit again, i could buy two bred cows compare today prices. i will just wait and not be in a hurry.

i got a little heat from some of the board member of acquiring more land parcels about a year and half ago compare to buying more cows. if you noticed, land have been better return than the equity because mutual funds and farmers have been funding acquisition of farm land in midwest. i am able to buy land at price of 3k per acreages since land is finite mass. with rate is low, it is perfect rate to acquire.

kerley":15z4vzor said:
Welcome back. I often wondered where you were as I enjoyed your posts. I wish I could find some nice BA Cows at fifty cents a pound. Best of luck.

i just wanted to concentrate in my career as a dentist and improving my clinical skills. thanks.

uscangus":301mqwed said:
kerley":301mqwed said:

i just wanted to concentrate in my career as a dentist and improving my clinical skills. thanks.

Well! Good for you. Heaven knows there aren't enough good Dentists around!

Latest posts