It feels good

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Was able to help someone who is in a bad situation and it sure feels good. Acquaintances, haven't spent enough time together to honestly call them friends. The husband pulled over to help a stranded motorist and a semi ran into the back of him. He was horribly injured, unconscious for days, breathing tube, the whole bit. Now he is in a rehab hospital out of state, learning how to live as a paraplegic. He was the sole breadwinner. The wife is selling off their stuff from long distance, they are in survival mode. We parked a vehicle at our place for her and entertained the tire kickers who came to look at it. It sold, we are sending them money, and it feels good to have helped in this small way.

Poor folks. That's just awful. Maybe someone can start a kickstarter or gofundme page for them...heaven knows, people have started them for far less worthy causes.

It's a miracle he lived. It's a miracle he isn't completely paralyzed. It is still going to be very hard for him to adjust, he was an active guy with lots of plans and projects that are probably out of reach now. But we hope and pray for the best and will help out where we can. Their house is going up for sale soon and we will lend a hand getting it spruced up to show. It sure makes you realize how much your world can change in a split second.

You are out trying to help someone in need and your life and those that depend upon you and love you changes drastically . It is much easier to not give shyttt and be apathetic . So very tragic .

God bless him and his family , prayers are with them all .

MO , your post helping them out does not surprise me as that is who you are .
I bet it does feel good and a little pat on the back once and a while when you give and give and give is nice too .
The world needs more people who actually care about others , too bad that their lives are destroyed by doing a good deed .

Especially on the road I'll often pull over and give someone a hand.. There's been times when I needed it and was really grateful, and well, what goes around comes around you always hope.

Insurance isn't paying up? or just not quickly enough? Real shame to have to sell their house on top of it.

Nesikep":2su4avhk said:
Especially on the road I'll often pull over and give someone a hand.. There's been times when I needed it and was really grateful, and well, what goes around comes around you always hope.

Insurance isn't paying up? or just not quickly enough? Real shame to have to sell their house on top of it.

What insurance ??

That is sad someone doing a good deed and they get their whole world turned upside down. Glad to hear there are still good people out there helping others in bad times like MO_cows

Nesikep, the trucking company has lawyered up. Eventually they should get a large settlement, hopefully enough to replace 30 years of income he won't be earning and then some. But they will have to fight for it and their lawyer will take a big chunk. That will come later.

Nice to have someone to help out. I can't see living life like that. These kind of things is what
rocks my faith. Once you know life, how do you live like that?