ISO Lease bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
I am located in winnsboro Tx searching for a lease bull for two months will pay trich test on way back need one for couple cows. Angus Brangus hereford Brahman breeding age any of these are fine. If anyone knows anyone or interested in leasing could you let me know???

Bfields30":29gwd9z5 said:
I am located in winnsboro Tx searching for a lease bull for two months will pay trich test on way back need one for couple cows. Angus Brangus hereford Brahman breeding age any of these are fine. If anyone knows anyone or interested in leasing could you let me know???

Here is a 14-month-old Beefmaster bull for $750 in Cushing, Texas. I know that is a little bit of a drive. https://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/d/ ... 36873.html

Here is a 7-month-old Brangus bull for $750 in Jacksonville, Texas. https://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/d/ ... 16789.html

You could keep the bull for a while and then sell it if you did not want to keep a bull, and you would make a profit on the bull.

Yeah I contacted the people about the beefmaster in looking into that one this past week ... I just didn't know how selling a bull worked and if I would get more money if I sold it sale barn or private

Bfields30":7x5yh2bw said:
Yeah I contacted the people about the beefmaster in looking into that one this past week ... I just didn't know how selling a bull worked and if I would get more money if I sold it sale barn or private

After you used the bull to breed your cows, you could sell the bull as a proven bull. You could try to sell it on your own and see if you get the price you want. If that did not work, you could take the bull to the sale barn.

That beefmaster bull seems like a very good deal.

Bfields30":2ql0kvrz said:
94% of private sales bring higher price than sale barns (especially after commissions and yardage.)
The problem is the time and effort to generate a private sale.
Sale barn advantage is your cattle are 100% liquid within 24 hours and the check will be good.

Bullitt":3j2l48k1 said:
Bfields30":3j2l48k1 said:

After you used the bull to breed your cows, you could sell the bull as a proven bull. You could try to sell it on your own and see if you get the price you want. If that did not work, you could take the bull to the sale barn.

Check your local regs about selling a non-virgin bull. In KS, bulls that change possession or ownership within Kansas must meet one of the following criteria:
Non-virgin bulls or bulls greater than 18 months of age:
****Must be tested for trichomoniasis and certified negative within 60 days prior to change of possession or ownership, OR
****Be sold for slaughter only or for feeding for slaughter purposes.
**Virgin bulls 18 months of age or younger may change possession or ownership without a negative trichomoniases test if the owner signs a statement verifying the bulls have not been sexually exposed to breeding aged females.
**Virgin bulls 24 months of age or younger that are part of a herd management plan approved by the animal health commissioner shall not be required to be tested for trichomoniases and certified negative prior to changing possession or ownership.

Bullitt":3fbo70v4 said:
Bfields30":3fbo70v4 said:

The beefmaster sold this morning

Bfields30":5ttn6xxo said:
The beefmaster sold this morning

You should be able to find another bull. If you are willing to wait, you can get a young bull cheaply.

TCRanch":17nthsqv said:
Bullitt":17nthsqv said:
Bfields30":17nthsqv said:

Check your local regs about selling a non-virgin bull. In KS, bulls that change possession or ownership within Kansas must meet one of the following criteria:
****Must be tested for trichomoniasis and certified negative within 60 days prior to change of possession or ownership, OR
**Virgin bulls 18 months of age or younger may change possession or ownership without a negative trichomoniases test if the owner signs a statement verifying the bulls have not been sexually exposed to breeding aged females.
**Virgin bulls 24 months of age or younger that are part of a herd management plan approved by the animal health commissioner shall not be required to be tested for trichomoniases and certified negative prior to changing possession or ownership.

I have not heard of those requirements in Texas. I am sure each state is different.

Bullitt":16poay9v said:
TCRanch":16poay9v said:
Bullitt":16poay9v said:

I have not heard of those requirements in Texas. I am sure each state is different.
TX has the same requirements.
http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/news/brochu ... niasis.pdf

TCRanch":1xd6wavk said:
Bullitt":1xd6wavk said:
TCRanch":1xd6wavk said:

Thank you. Now I know.

That explains why many advertisements state it is a virgin bull for sale.

Bullitt":20m9r6l0 said:
TCRanch":20m9r6l0 said:
Bullitt":20m9r6l0 said:

Thank you. Now I know.

That explains why many advertisements state it is a virgin bull for sale.
That's also one reason why a lot of perfectly good bulls end up at the sale barn for slaughter. Most people don't want to go to the expense & hassle of trich testing. I've sold some bulls that were awesome & still had a lot of years before they passed their prime but I either didn't want to breed them to their daughters (just my personal preference) or they got so big I was afraid they would literally hurt the heifers/cows (not all bulls are gentlemen).

Second bull is 14 months first Bull is 10Mo brindle Brangus that pic is a month old but I like the second one his dad is registered Tell me wat you think of the first Bull That's a month ago. I can get you a newer picture today. Sired by Registered Black brangus bull - Skyhawk's Who Dat and our Commercial Red Heifer. Super sweet disposition. What owner sent me but he's only 10 Mo I'm going to look at him this weekend thinking about putting a deposit on him and i just want thoughts on having a bull that young

Latest posts