ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Who catches cows on this site or know anyone got a tiger stripe I need caught in Winnsboro seeing if anyone knows anybody and prices and what they charge she got out my place first day I got her a month or so ago attempted to catch her she's on another place gotten close but I have giving up the catch pens the person has are so short she jumps out of them once caught and she get spooked easily she been in this pasture for awhile I've really had it with her she calm In the pasture with other cows she just go psycho with human interaction so I just want her caught and want to sell her. If anyone knows anyone that catches them
Please let me know. Need her caught and I can haul her to my place

I don't know of anyone in that area, but I'd suggest checking with the local auction barn. I'll bet they'll have a name or two for you.

Rafter S":2dko8yfl said:
I don't know of anyone in that area, but I'd suggest checking with the local auction barn. I'll bet they'll have a name or two for you.
Thanks I didn't even think of that.

Rafter S":3l95p13m said:
Emory salebarn has a guy quoted me for 125 and to take catch her then take her to the sale barn for me.

As I always say romp her azz. Some people are 100% against tranquilizer, but in the right situation it works wonderful. 5cc dart of rompun should put her down pretty quick, then drag her in the trailer. Life is too short for nutty cows

T & B farms":2dxyp2j9 said:
As I always say romp her azz. Some people are 100% against tranquilizer, but in the right situation it works wonderful. 5cc dart of rompun should put her down pretty quick, then drag her in the trailer. Life is too short for nutty cows
I totally agree with all you said.

Bfields30":3msm29co said:
Who catches cows on this site or know anyone got a tiger stripe I need caught in Winnsboro seeing if anyone knows anybody and prices and what they charge she got out my place first day I got her a month or so ago attempted to catch her she's on another place gotten close but I have giving up the catch pens the person has are so short she jumps out of them once caught and she get spooked easily she been in this pasture for awhile I've really had it with her she calm In the pasture with other cows she just go psycho with human interaction so I just want her caught and want to sell her. If anyone knows anyone that catches them
Please let me know. Need her caught and I can haul her to my place

You need to get with greybeard to make sure it's official but I'm pretty sure you just beat skyhightree's previous record for the worlds longest run on sentence :lol2:

Hope you get her caught. I too vote for a dart gun with tranquilizer. Quick and effective.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but what good does a 1,500 pound drunk do ya? If you just want a cow to lay down, I get the drugs approach. But if you want her loaded in a trailer, why not just start with the quick and effective combination of a good cowboy with a good horse, some nylon, and a decent dog?

Farm Fence Solutions":1a1n6cxs said:
I'm not trying to start a fight, but what good does a 1,500 pound drunk do ya? If you just want a cow to lay down, I get the drugs approach. But if you want her loaded in a trailer, why not just start with the quick and effective combination of a good cowboy with a good horse, some nylon, and a decent dog?

A lot less stuff get tore up. not hard to drag in the trailer. Ive done them both ways . the sleepy one is bleeding less when it gets to the sale barn,

M-5":3brf62ql said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3brf62ql said:

A lot less stuff get tore up. not hard to drag in the trailer. Ive done them both ways . the sleepy one is bleeding less when it gets to the sale barn,

I agree with Dash. My answer would have been bc it's more achievable for me. I ain't got a horse. Don't want one. But I do have a dart gun. And it's hard to find someone around here to rope one. The ones that used to do it have quit in my area. Had a good friend that used to come out and catch one, but he sold all his horses and dogs. I couldn't believe it.

I used to work with a guy (his name is Ross) that had done some cowboying when he was younger. He got a call once from a man who said he had a heifer he couldn't catch, and would Ross be interested in buying her and then catch her instead of catching her for pay? Ross said he drove to the guy's place, the guy got in the truck with him, and they drove out in the pasture. The guy pointed out the heifer and named his price, which was of course very reasonable since he couldn't catch her. Ross said he agreed to the price, then asked the guy "So we have a deal? She's my heifer?". The man replied yes, so Ross reached behind the seat of his truck, pulled out his .30-.30, and laid the heifer down. Field-dressed her on the spot and took her home.

That's one way to catch them.

neighbors of mine had REALLY REALLY WILD cows.. and not only that, they were mean as #@$%.. He had a loose hay feed wagon, was out feeding in the winter when one of them got the idea to keep him in there.. he yelled for his brother, he took the 3030 and shot her on the spot..

Rafter S":91denl5l said:
I used to work with a guy (his name is Ross) that had done some cowboying when he was younger. He got a call once from a man who said he had a heifer he couldn't catch, and would Ross be interested in buying her and then catch her instead of catching her for pay? Ross said he drove to the guy's place, the guy got in the truck with him, and they drove out in the pasture. The guy pointed out the heifer and named his price, which was of course very reasonable since he couldn't catch her. Ross said he agreed to the price, then asked the guy "So we have a deal? She's my heifer?". The man replied yes, so Ross reached behind the seat of his truck, pulled out his .30-.30, and laid the heifer down. Field-dressed her on the spot and took her home.

No adrenaline in the meat so not tough or bad tasting, no wear and tear on the cowboy and problem solved.

Rafter S":1hemg1ug said:

Like to have seen the look on that fellers face....bet it wasn't what he had envisioned :cowboy:

So update guys I talk to the guy that it's his place last night and he told me that he didn't want the person I was hiring to catch because there going to pen cows sometimes this week and they would catch her for me but he also told me this like over a month ago and still hasn't done it. The guy I was gonna hire was gonna Tranq her then drag her in the trailer for me and take her to sale. I just don't think the guy that land is, will be able to catch her cause all of his cows are pretty wild from the few times I been out there.i just feel like I'm
Stuck between a rock in a hard place he said he doesn't want the guy to spook them so they will pen this week and said also there not the easiest set of cows to pen...

Let them pen her with his cattle. I bet she will stay bunched with his. Some people only pen once or twice a year. Their cattle are not used to people.

I agree. Let him get her penned with his cattle. If they are pretty spooky, they will be very familiar with working with that kind of cattle. Granted maybe you wanted her gone, sooner, but at this point what difference does it make. They get them in, if they are taking some to the sale, let them put her on the truck with theirs and put her in your name at the sale.

We had 3 from a neighbors get in with ours. Pretty spooky. He wanted to come get them out and we said NO. They could stay there til we got ours up, no charge, as we did not want them running our cattle. There aren't any catch pens there, we set up a portable pen when we need to get them. By the time we got ours up, after having the pen set up for 2 weeks, they were coming in with ours just as easy as could be, and it was no problem to call him and tell him when we had them in.

We had had a bad experience with someone's cattle getting in our place and them coming in and running our cattle trying to catch theirs. Had one calf get hurt and a cow came up lame. That ended it. If we have any get on someone else, we ask permission to go in and look, and ask how they want to deal with it. We have paid for the cattle to be there grazing if the owner wanted it... not going to be responsible for someone else's cattle getting stirred up or hurt.

A good cowboy won't run the whole heard trying to catch one cow. Generally the cow in question is seperated pretty quick and the rest settle down. Problems usually come up with one person trying to work alone or if they miss a few times and the cow keeps trying to get back with the herd.

1982vett":1l862189 said:
His land, his rules....maybe mediate through the sheriff.
I agree ''his land, his rules'', and he already told him the way it is going to be so what could a sheriff do.

Latest posts