ISO cowboy or someone NE Tx

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah I have no choice but to wait but the guy is leasing the land so I called him instead of the lady that owns the land she friends with a family member so I'll leave it be hopefully they catch her

BRYANT":3461x6gi said:
1982vett":3461x6gi said:
His land, his rules....maybe mediate through the sheriff.
I agree ''his land, his rules'', and he already told him the way it is going to be so what could a sheriff do.
The guy doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get the cow back to where it belongs.....I say this because it's still in his pasture and he hasn't taken action himself to remedy the situation. That is where the talking to the Sherrif might help defuse any upcoming problem. Course nothing is certain at all. :2cents:

1982vett":3spontl9 said:
BRYANT":3spontl9 said:
1982vett":3spontl9 said:
His land, his rules....maybe mediate through the sheriff.
I agree ''his land, his rules'', and he already told him the way it is going to be so what could a sheriff do.
The guy doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get the cow back to where it belongs.....I say this because it's still in his pasture and he hasn't taken action himself to remedy the situation. That is where the talking to the Sherrif might help defuse any upcoming problem. Course nothing is certain at all. :2cents:
yeah it's almost been two months so it's frustrating he told people that close to me that they were gonna work cows in August but got in touch yesterday and said Tuesday wed of this week

Bfields30":xt5mtfze said:
1982vett":xt5mtfze said:
BRYANT":xt5mtfze said:
yeah it's almost been two months so it's frustrating he told people that close to me that they were gonna work cows in August but got in touch yesterday and said Tuesday wed of this week
I know you are frustrated. Just hang tight. If a neighbor has a cow that gets on my place, I tell them let me pen them when I get mine up. If it is August, I am not going to pen unless it is an emergency (too hot). A bull is a different deal. I will pen the cows as quick as possible and help you load him.

I guess if she is in his pasture eating his grass and he does not care then what's the concern sounds as if you are making money on her. I had two in my place for a month eating my grass, range meal and mineral they belong to guys that are cowboys that could have had a group of people rope them anytime BUT I told them not to be in there running them with horses. They were not hurting anything and I told them I would let them know when I had them penned. they went in the lot every week for a month and ate cubes with my cows but I did not have time to mess with them till a couple weeks ago. when I had the time I fed every thing and sorted them out and left them in the lot called a told him they were in the lot he could go get them out and he did . but I sure did not want him or anyone else in there messing with my cattle I can handle these Brahman cross cows like a bunch of puppy dogs chasing a bone but some one else get in there messing around they might have cows scattered over two counties.
If she has settled in why not try and sell her to him, may make him a good cow.

I agree, leave her there until the man is ready or he asks you to forcibly come get her. I had a young wild one fresh from the sale barn get on the neighbors place and he was adamant about leaving her. Took six months but he called one day and said he had her penned. She had calmed down and turned into a nice animal that I still own. Ugly as sin but luckily her calves usually take on their daddy's traits.

BRYANT":26jbumi5 said:
I guess if she is in his pasture eating his grass and he does not care then what's the concern sounds as if you are making money on her. I had two in my place for a month eating my grass, range meal and mineral they belong to guys that are cowboys that could have had a group of people rope them anytime BUT I told them not to be in there running them with horses. They were not hurting anything and I told them I would let them know when I had them penned. they went in the lot every week for a month and ate cubes with my cows but I did not have time to mess with them till a couple weeks ago. when I had the time I fed every thing and sorted them out and left them in the lot called a told him they were in the lot he could go get them out and he did . but I sure did not want him or anyone else in there messing with my cattle I can handle these Brahman cross cows like a bunch of puppy dogs chasing a bone but some one else get in there messing around they might have cows scattered over two counties.
tbh I didn't even think about selling her to him he's a big cattle guy so it didn't really cross my mind she's good heifer in the pasture she doesn't like being penned lol. But I can't have at her my place cause all of mine are puppy dog gentle.

bird dog":12ya8djd said:
I agree, leave her there until the man is ready or he asks you to forcibly come get her. I had a young wild one fresh from the sale barn get on the neighbors place and he was adamant about leaving her. Took six months but he called one day and said he had her penned. She had calmed down and turned into a nice animal that I still own. Ugly as sin but luckily her calves usually take on their daddy's traits.
I want to keep her but idk if she will calm down like once I get her I wanna pen her for a week and just feed her see if she get used to me I ride by his place and she just peaceful lol

BRYANT":36pwah1k said:
yeah that what my buddy told me she's making money for me free so why not be patient so I gotta look at it in a positive way I guess

I know if I could get her calm she could make a lot of money . As well I got a lot people wanting to me trade them heifers for her I'm trying to see if I can get a mid age bred cow for her

M-5":3dois4nk said:
Bfields30":3dois4nk said:
A guy wants to trade me that red white braford for her there around the same age

DEAL......................

That's what I would say.
yeah I told him deal this weekend and I'll even buy the other heifer in the pic as well the red is 10 months and the black and white is 6 he was selling them for 1150 together. I told him trade and I'll even buy the one with her

Bfields30":2lmovyjo said:
M-5":2lmovyjo said:
Bfields30":2lmovyjo said:
A guy wants to trade me that red white braford for her there around the same age

That's what I would say.
yeah I told him deal this weekend and I'll even buy the other heifer in the pic as well the red is 10 months and the black and white is 6 he was selling them for 1150 together. I told him trade and I'll even buy the one with her

I might be tempted top buy him another wild one if this deal works out.

M-5":1q3vmoyz said:
Bfields30":1q3vmoyz said:
M-5":1q3vmoyz said:

That's what I would say.

I might be tempted top buy him another wild one if this deal works out.
yeah I was completely honest about it so he wouldn't be surprised so hopefully that works out and I have another person willing to trade me a Brahman heifer

Bfields30":3pxufx23 said:
This is her when I first got her
I bet she will calm down and be following a feed sack in a few days look at her eyes and set of her head. I have messed with a bunch like her.

BRYANT":2ww206o3 said:
Bfields30":2ww206o3 said:
This is her when I first got her
I bet she will calm down and be following a feed sack in a few days look at her eyes and set of her head. I have messed with a bunch like her.
So do you think I should keep her ...

No I don't think you should keep her. Make the trade, then make up your own mind about the other; make a trade or buy the one that other guy has if you really want a brahma heifer. I think you will make more on the braford & her calves....

Latest posts