Isn't this a great look'n bunch of steers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp":2qgflm4l said:
tater74":2qgflm4l said:
Fruitland is not too far from where I was raised in Nampa, but those steers aren't in Fruitland. It looks nothing like that.
It can in the winter, tater74 -- spent 25+ years in Boise area! But I don't know exactly where they're at; waiting to hear via a sent email about his post.
Tater, they are actually up around Spokane.

Spokane I can believe. Fruitland is pretty flat and I don't remember seeing pine forests like that. I left Idaho in 1991. Live for 35 years in and around Nampa and Boise. Still have family there, but that white stuff in the picture is one reason why I'm in Texas.

There is a Fruitland in Washington. It is North of Davenport headed up along the Columbia. Sort of west northwest of Spokane about 60-80 miles. The pictures look like that area.

And Kathie there are lots of round bales in Washington. Just not in the Kittitas, Yakima, or the Basin where most of the hay is gown to be sold. Square bales (both big and small) haul better than rounds.

tater74":23rcq19c said:
Spokane I can believe. Fruitland is pretty flat and I don't remember seeing pine forests like that. I left Idaho in 1991. Live for 35 years in and around Nampa and Boise. Still have family there, but that white stuff in the picture is one reason why I'm in Texas.

Yep confusing fruitland ID with fruitland WA. We would have been in the Nampa are some of the same time. I spent a lot of time on my Uncle's dairy and row crop farm around Nampa during the late 60's and early 70's. The address was a Nampa address but their place was closer to Caldwell. Always loved the Snake River Stampede in the old wooden rodeo grounds.

tater74":v8g5rmqt said:
PM me the name. If I don't know them, I will know someone who does.
Tater74, this seller is near Davenport, WA -- far from Fruitland, ID -- although a couple of years ago I bought a BW cow/calf pair from near Fruitland, closer to Homedale. I've visited with him.

Dave, it's still a long daam way to haul round bales to here! We don't own a tractor/trailer rig.

Dun, you are absolutely correct on why he is advertising as he does via auction yard. We all know that about white cattle, right? But those BW's are good cattle.

My market would be local butcher beef. I probably couldn't drive up north that far, haul some home, and hope to make a profit after ANY great ideas in the black cattle-minded market here if they went to a sale/auction if they didn't go as butcher beef to local folks. And I think that's a darn shame.

I haven't totally dismissed this. Not 15 head, but maybe a few lighter weights to finish later on.

If any of you have brilliant ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thank you all. I love my CTB folks. :)

I think the PM was for Alan. He spent time in the Nampa area not me.

Kathie, if you decide to go look at or buy those steers I know a guy who is over in that area who comes over here nearly every week. He has to go right by your place. He could drop them off on his way by. I am thinking that he is a bit over priced on those steers. I am thinking at Toppenish or Davenport they are $1.40 cattle at best. Those off colored cattle do take a hit. Just me opinion from watching those sales. He is pretty close to the Davenport sale so I would think that he has a pretty good idea what they would bring there. I can't blame him for trying to get a little extra.

Dave":2fur4pb7 said:
I think the PM was for Alan. He spent time in the Nampa area not me.

Kathie, if you decide to go look at or buy those steers I know a guy who is over in that area who comes over here nearly every week. He has to go right by your place. He could drop them off on his way by. I am thinking that he is a bit over priced on those steers. I am thinking at Toppenish or Davenport they are $1.40 cattle at best. Those off colored cattle do take a hit. Just me opinion from watching those sales. He is pretty close to the Davenport sale so I would think that he has a pretty good idea what they would bring there. I can't blame him for trying to get a little extra.
Thanks for the info, Dave. If we decide to do something with a few of them, I'll PM you for your guy's name. Would he be able to come "right by" with that fabric we've been talking about for a long time? :)

Latest posts