Isabel Y69?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
RRR is having a big sale today. Lots of Y69 progeny it's 2 hours from my place. I am going to attend. Anyone have any experience with Y69? Maybe my eye is bad, but I don't see that her offspring has her phenotype?

I think she is a good cow but I do think these so called super cows get a bit of a roll on with hype and then seem that they can't do any wrong. I think their progeny should be judged on their merits just like any other.

Ken

I guess from what I see just looking at videos and pics, and looking at EPDs she just doesn't stamp them with a look that says this is a y69 calf. No doubt she seems to throw quite a bit of performance and thickness, but I think I would only use proven sons because their EPDs seem to change rapidly as soon as the data starts rolling in.

I guess from what I see just looking at videos and pics, and looking at EPDs she just doesn't stamp them with a look that says this is a y69 calf. No doubt she seems to throw quite a bit of performance and thickness, but I think I would only use proven sons because their EPDs seem to change rapidly as soon as the data starts rolling in.
I hear big sellers saying " you buy a bull to get daughters like his dam". If that's true Y69 is falling short in my opinion. Personally I think Cowboy up has more gas than No Doubt.

I also haven't been blown away with y69 progeny. Her progeny seem to be lacking her phenotype as was mentioned. Still a better than average cow but I'd say there's better cows out there with half the hype.

Latest posts