IS THIS TRUE???

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
Today I read in the paper -- There was a young hockey player here a few years ago;got drafted to a farm team in the states --married a girl from New Orleans, and eventually joined the police force there The artical said that some of the police force just quit when Katrina hit, also that the police force had a problem with snipers when they were trying to help people, this young fellow said hed been shot at a couple of times already .IS THIS TRUE?????????? --Now I know I;m just a farmer from the sticks but this seems to far out for me to be able to organize in my feeble brain---Also we have apparently sent 3 ships loaded with supplies of some sort or another , with 30 doctors on board the ships are anchored of shore (apparently they fought a little bit of a huricane getting there ) now the doctors cant treat anybody because the paper work isnt done to allow them to treat the victims in another country: I can see the law makers have a lot of power there too

Carlos, from what we hear and see on the TV that is what they were reporting. How much is true is up for debate. My honest opinion is that yeah, shots were fired but either the guys were really bad shots or they were just meant to try to scare folks. Now that is just what I think. there may be facts out somewhere but I haven't seen them. I do know I hit what I shoot at but them again these folks (kind term) have not been trained or use firearms as often as I do. ;-)

whatever flaboy. dont you ever watch westerns? the bad guys never hit what they are aiming at until after the tenth shot or so.

Beefy":2l13917z said:
whatever flaboy. dont you ever watch westerns? the bad guys never hit what they are aiming at until after the tenth shot or so.

Oh, I forgot about that. I guess I was wrong or maybe they only had 9 rounds?

Carlos D.":1qwlfjxu said:
Today I read in the paper -- There was a young hockey player here a few years ago;got drafted to a farm team in the states --married a girl from New Orleans, and eventually joined the police force there The artical said that some of the police force just quit when Katrina hit, also that the police force had a problem with snipers when they were trying to help people, this young fellow said hed been shot at a couple of times already .IS THIS TRUE?????????? --Now I know I;m just a farmer from the sticks but this seems to far out for me to be able to organize in my feeble brain---Also we have apparently sent 3 ships loaded with supplies of some sort or another , with 30 doctors on board the ships are anchored of shore (apparently they fought a little bit of a huricane getting there ) now the doctors cant treat anybody because the paper work isnt done to allow them to treat the victims in another country: I can see the law makers have a lot of power there too

A number of police quit. Some reports of up to one third.
At least two cops committed suicide.
Snipers were active and certainly delayed efforts.
Have heard of at least one policeman being killed, don't know if this is true.
Police killed several shooters. Five the last accounts.

Well, now that hicap mags are legal again..................odd that they had high cap revolvers back then too huh? :lol: Even in modern movies I see them shootin up a storm with em... try the scene of the final shoot out in the movie, 'Open range'
Kevin just keeps on a rootin and shootin, and shootin, and shootin. :p :cboy:

Well I will take Ryder's word for it as he is much closer to the action than me.

I get a real kick out of several things in the shoot em up movies. First a 6 shot revolvers often hold about 10-12 rounds. Second, nobody seems to be able hit a bull in nice with a bango while shooting. Third, it is amazing how you can hide behind a couch or coffee table and not have the bullets go through them. :lol:

flaboy":2bjtcsnj said:
Second, nobody seems to be able hit a bull in nice with a bango while shooting.

Not really surprising when trained cops usually have a hit ration of 1 in 5 or 6 shots.

dun

dun":22skyuvp said:
flaboy":22skyuvp said:
Second, nobody seems to be able hit a bull in nice with a bango while shooting.

Not really surprising when trained cops usually have a hit ration of 1 in 5 or 6 shots.

dun
That's pitiful. One killed a Deer here the other day. It was hit by a car, and busted it's back. The officer missed the first shot at 15 feet.Grazed his head. Bystander had to tell him where to shoot him. I picked up the Deer, to feed some hungry folks.

Latest posts