Is this stupid or what?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dega Moo

Reaction score
Built a new home and moved in a month ago. It's in the middle of nowhere Illinois. Just got DirectTV so I can watch Cardinal games and signed up for Exede Satelite Internet.

Some contractors showed up to install the sat dish for internet and immediately informed me they can only connect to homes with the meter and electrical service attached to an outside wall of the home because they are required to ground at that location. I pointed out that all new home construction in this area puts the service on a pad that is not near the actual house and there is in fact, no actual meter which is read electronically, and the house is in fact grounded at that pad.

So they understood and said it didn't matter but they could come back the next day as a 'retail' company and install the system with a separate ground system but I needed to call and cancel the service with Exede and then call and get them to come back as a different company and install. I was told don't mention retail to Exede when I call back.

Figured this was just someone ripping Exede installations off so called Exede and spilled the whole story to some lady who said - yeah it's kind a crazy but they're right. She cancelled my service and then had me call the same outfit who wouldn't install under a 'contract' but can or will install as a retail service and I get it all at the original price. They sent two people 50 miles to get to not do anything and I hung around the house to let them in and we'll all have to do it again tomorrow.

I'm irritated that they led me into some kind of ritual that could of been avoided.

papavillars":ylyckql0 said:
Could be w ores, I am a Texas Rangers Fan.
Ouch, the question is how long is it going to take for y'all to recover from what we did to you in '12?? That's gotta still be hurting the Rangers loyals

We got exede and like it so it will be worth the trouble. I upload lots of pictures and havent gone over our limit. We had internet with Verizon and was constantly going over and it was veerrrrrryyyyy sllooooww, it sucked. Exede is pretty fast.

torogmc81":1zask3av said:
papavillars":1zask3av said:
Ouch, the question is how long is it going to take for y'all to recover from what we did to you in '12?? That's gotta still be hurting the Rangers loyals

I was there for game 6!! Bout 3 rows below and maybe 12 seats left of Nolan Ryan and the rest of the Texas ownership. Rangers had that lead and everyone around Ryan was starting to party. Ryan of course knew the game wasn't over. When it was over and they were all leaving he really looked p1ssed at his team and those jackals surrounding him. Seems they wasted a whole lot a bubbly. :)

Let me add sincere apologies to any of you Ranger fans if us Card fans seem like we're gloating. It's just that was an unforgettable night.

I was there for game 6!! Bout 3 rows below and maybe 12 seats left of Nolan Ryan and the rest of the Texas ownership. Rangers had that lead and everyone around Ryan was starting to party. Ryan of course knew the game wasn't over. When it was over and they were all leaving he really looked p1ssed at his team and those jackals surrounding him. Seems they wasted a whole lot a bubbly. :)

Let me add sincere apologies to any of you Ranger fans if us Card fans seem like we're gloating. It's just that was an unforgettable night.
Hearing the play-by-play of those chain of events that night never get old. Heard the call again last week and got goose bumps. They were interviewing LaRussa on flashback week on ESPN Radio. I went to game 2, and even though it was a pitchers dual, and a loss for the Cards, my pops and I had an absolute blast. The emotion in that place is something you can't put into words. Sorry Texas, but I'm worried that in 25-30 years from now they're going to have given a name to the Rangers 'curse' that started from Game 6 ...

Neptali Feliz served up a breaking ball to Freeze when the only pitch he really had was a FB
Nelson Cruz was a liability in RF and the Rangers paid the price for having him in the field
Ron Washington worked the bull pen like a rented mule
It was a complete cluster and Again the Rangers paid the price for not keeping Showalter
But I ain't bitter :D

Shanghai":11q0nmnw said:
Neptali Feliz served up a breaking ball to Freeze when the only pitch he really had was a FB
Nelson Cruz was a liability in RF and the Rangers paid the price for having him in the field
Ron Washington worked the bull pen like a rented mule
It was a complete cluster and Again the Rangers paid the price for not keeping Showalter
But I ain't bitter :D
At least 90% of major league RF's would've made that catch IMO, I couldn't believe it. But oh well for us, and "That's why they play the game" ....

papavillars":2k5jue06 said:
Today, the Rangers and a single win, are the only thing keeping my Astros out of last place in the division--------today.........

Heck, the 'stros are so pathetic, they couldn't even sign their 1st round draft pick last week and had to release him.

Hope exede is better than hughes net I am about sick of hughes and their bs. Can we please not talk about that WS still a lil painful.

wacocowboy":oxdtw5h1 said:
Hope exede is better than hughes net I am about sick of hughes and their bs. Can we please not talk about that WS still a lil painful.

Hopefully you can find solace in knowing it will likely be a long time before they lose another WS. :hide: :D