Is this Simmental or Hereford?

Help Support CattleToday:

lovecows

Reaction score
[
Harriett.jpg
[/img]

I was say simmi or crossbred. Look at the white on the tailhead.

We got her as a recipient cow, expecting her to be a Simmy, but her small ears make me think she's got something else in her. Do Hereford's have smaller ears? She's a great momma, regardless. I'm just not familiar with the typical color pattern of Hereford's vs. Simmy's.

O, I know she is a Hereford X Simmental! But if I was had to put my money on one I would say Simmental.....but she looks like a Simm. Cross.......the head and ears are a bit smaller than a simmental would normaly have.... but the body appears to be "built" like a simmental

Crossbred, horned Hereford cow, red Shorthorn bull (polled). Had a cow that looked like this one. Would you call that a herefhorn or a shortferd? :)

Can I ask a dumb question? What difference does it make?

She is a red and white crossbred female.

Jovid":1xx0zfa9 said:
Can I ask a dumb question? What difference does it make?

She is a red and white crossbred female.

We are a very small simmental operation. All of our cows are registered Simmental. It really doesn't make a difference. We have just been trying to guess what she is since she came to us, wondering if there was something obvious about her that would point to one breed or another. Obviously there isn't. As I said before, she is doing a great job raising the embryo calf we bought her for. Just wish we knew more about her.
Thanks for the guesses.

Latest posts