Is this legal?

Help Support CattleToday:

MR3":18ptlhj4 said:
Last summer in the 100 degree heat, I was driving an old 1956 silage truck around to the back of this dairy, where we were bagging silage for them. As I came around the corner of the dairy a loader blocked the road. I could see the road was wet from a water cannon hitting that section. By the time I got the brakes pumped up to stop I was on the wet section. I got the truck in reverse, but the cannon was coming around to fast so I reached for the window handle, but it takes both hands in that old truck to get the window up and the old jungle cat reflexes I once had failed me. The force of the water was shocking. Not only did it blast my hat off, but also everything on the seat including my lunch was on the floor. I'm glad I had ear plugs in. The kid at the bagger had a good laugh and so did I. Lessen learned, green water on a blue T-shirt will turn yellow when dry and leave you smelling like the south end of a north bound cow. :oops:

We were cleaning out the lagoon at the dairy and he had been bedding the cows in fescue seed so the stuff in the lagoon was fairly thick. Too thick to pump anyway. We had a backhow with a big bucket loading the spreaders then we'ld haul tail out the the field, and spread it. To back up to the point that the backhoe could fill us I had to open the rear window of the tractor because it was covered with a thick brown substance. One trip I forgot to close the window and started dumping and got the beaters going. Only made it about 20 feet before I could get the window shut.

dun

You know it's bad, when you get home and the dog hesitates to greet you. :help:

Rod

One of my dogs is a hoot. If it hears someone fart it will get up, look at the person with disgust and leave the room. If someone does a silent but deadly, she sill sniff the air a couple times then leave the room. :roll:

Dun, I've done the same thing with an m-80 in a fresh cow pie. :lol:

Rod

MR3":wouoe3gt said:
Dun, I've done the same thing with an m-80 in a fresh cow pie. :lol:

Rod

But that was on purpose.
It's kind of funny, the next day when I showed up to finish the job all of the tractors were being used except the one "They saved special just for me"

dun

bigbull338":1qzz06gt said:
Gate Opener":1qzz06gt said:
My dad sold a city slicker a lot which had cattle pasture on 3 sides. The man built his house there and then complained to my dad one day about the smell of the cow patties. My dad had not spread manure this was just normal poop in a non crowded pasture. Anyway, my dad picked up a dried cow patty and smelled it and then stuck it under the man's nose and said it doesn't stick smell it-see it doesn't stink. My dad did that 3 or 4 times not really thinking about it. Well that man later told one of the other neighbors that my dad stuck cow you know what in his face. This same man got mad at my dad when my dad cut some trees that were on my dad's own land. ???? Go figure.
what you just said is a prime example to never sell a building lot off your farm.i dont care if you need money or not dont do it.because when you do you have what your dad does.a person that complains about the smell.an gripes if you cut trees down.fact is its none of their business what he does on his land.im sorry to rant but i have no use for cityslickers nor outsiders.they more trouble than they worth.

You are correct and my mom would agree with you. Daddy started out by selling the house we were in on the land. Mama didn't want him to sell it and for the longest time she refused to sign the papers. She would mess the house up when someone was coming to look at it-even pulling mattresses off of beds and putting them in the hallway. Looking back that wasn't fair to the realtor. I don't know what made her change her mind about selling but she did. They eventually sold all the land.

well got no cow stories but got good old pig one. chasing pigs to load up for fair. they had a nice big old pond that hadnt been dreid out for a good 2weeks. smell really bad, god knows what was in that pond. it was about 95degrees and went to turn to grab a pig(254pound pig) one lil slip in the mud and i found myself laying in the middle of that pond with about 10 people laughing at me :oops: worst was they made me go to the fair grounds smelling like that pond :roll:

I can't stand people like the "country girl" a.k.a city girl that thinks there are laws against anything she doesn't like. It would be best if she just went back to the city, but she probley won't, she'll just try to make her neibors life difficult.

What a joke, is this legal? give me a break.

I would also imagine he was just really spraying the liquid that is on top of the more soild manure and when he pumps that out he just might inject it or spread and incorportate... Hog farmer around here has to skim the liquid off the top of his slurrystores a couple times a year and than injects the more soilid slurry in the fall after crops are out...

Latest posts