Is this happening in your town

Help Support CattleToday:

I've always been of the opinion that the giver of the donation does so of his/her own accord and out of the goodness of their heart. "Virtue is its own reward". The knowledge that we tried to do good is the only reason for doing good and whether the recipient does good or not is irrelevant.

(However--no one likes being scammed and there is plenty of that going around as well. Panhandlers at street corners comes to mind)

On another forum I'm on there have been a number of raffles and fundraisers for long time members that have contributed.. I usually get a couple raffle tickets.
There's a lot of local fundraisers, I rarely give.. if the grad class is having a fundraiser for something and they're doing a car wash I'll stop in.. I'm not a fan of just "giving" money, but if I get something, even small out of the deal to show it's an honest effort, sure.

With the Fort McMurray wildfires this year, I didn't feel a whole lot of pity.. Not that I wished anyone ill up there, but they just came off a 10 year high oil price streak which didn't do anyone else much good, and most of them became entitled pricks who had to show off by buying expensive useless toys.. Most of my classmates went up there and the reunions told the story.

Latest posts