Is this enough blood?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
For a pregnancy test. I stuck this heifer 50 times, and this was the only fruits of my labor. Got mad, and turned her out. Taking it to our local lab if it is.

I would think the directions that came with the collection kit woud specify the minimum amount

No kit. Yes, testing under the tail. Probably a cc to cc and a half. ive found out our local lab does it.

MartinFarms":2wmm4ie9 said:
I have sent off samples which comtained only 1cc and they tested it. I have a few cows and heifers every year I can't ever get to bleed.

I suck at it sure nuff. I coulda fought the devil and won after fooling with her as long as I did. Reminds me, I need to apologize to my wife.

If they are pushed they can usually get a result from a minimum amount of blood. If it is serum they are after it is just a bit harder to draw it off the top of a small volume of blood but they will usually get it sorted. If you have enough to be able to make it run up and down the tube without all just sticking to the sides I would think you have enough.

Ken

wbvs58":30xr4m4i said:
If they are pushed they can usually get a result from a minimum amount of blood. If it is serum they are after it is just a bit harder to draw it off the top of a small volume of blood but they will usually get it sorted. If you have enough to be able to make it run up and down the tube without all just sticking to the sides I would think you have enough.

Ken

I appreciate that.

You could always just call the lab and see how much the really need

dun":4cfyy8wu said:
You could always just call the lab and see how much the really need

What would conversate on here about, if I took the easy way out :D

I'm reasonably sure she's open. Never seen her in heat not once. They all started calving late February. Down to her and 3 others that haven't calved. She's not showing at all. I've got some fall calvers,but this doesn't bode well for her at all. I'd rather throw a few bucks at the problem, than feed her.

Lab said what Ken said. It don't take much for this test. Pulled a dumb one, and left it home this morning. Gotta make a trip like a nascar winner at lunch today.

Send it to Gil Grissom in the Las Vegas Crime Lab, he'll give you an answer. (I apologize to those that don't watch tv.)

Latest posts