Is this an assault rifle, my xmas to myself

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Bought this for myself a few days ago, not really a Xmas present to myself just a rifle I have wanted for a while.

Would this be considered an assault rifle?

How about now?

kenny thomas":5a33mpux said:
It's lots better than an AR. I have both but carry the Ruger when I wanna shoot a lot. Is it a Mini 14 or Mini 30?

Mini 14, been wanting one for more than a few years.

Alan":ziposgk3 said:
kenny thomas":ziposgk3 said:
It's lots better than an AR. I have both but carry the Ruger when I wanna shoot a lot. Is it a Mini 14 or Mini 30?

Mini 14, been wanting one for more than a few years.[/quote

I have lots of guns and shoot a mini 14 more than all the rest together.

Brute 23":3jykmc0r said:
Its not by the true definition but is by liberal logic.

Im not a big 30rd mag guy. The 10-15s always seem to carry better and are plenty for what I do. The 30rd mags add a lot of weight.
I usually just keep a 10 Rd in mine. Not as bulky.

kenny thomas":2psk5dhl said:
Brute 23":2psk5dhl said:
Its not by the true definition but is by liberal logic.

Im not a big 30rd mag guy. The 10-15s always seem to carry better and are plenty for what I do. The 30rd mags add a lot of weight.
I usually just keep a 10 Rd in mine. Not as bulky.

I simply bought them because I can at this time. But I did load one up and us it adds a bunch of weight. The way I am I will no doubt rapid fire though a 30 mag look at all the casings on the ground and start thinking about how fast I wasted money and much I wasted. Then they go in the safe and I just fire from the stock mag.

Alan":3pe77d2l said:
Bought this for myself a few days ago, not really a Xmas present to myself just a rifle I have wanted for a while.

How about now?

I would think it depends on what you do with the rifle myself. I use a 20 round clip in my knock around guns, the clip size makes a perfect rest.

I have always wanted one. Thought of trading an AR for one if the right trade presented itself. That and an AR10 need to call my place home.

And yeah, its an assault rifle according to the crazies. They only approve of bolt actions or single shots.

Alan":2rrvq1vb said:

How about now?

If it is we both own one I love mine for hunting . I have some of the ten through thirty round mags really don't like the balance. Most of the time mine had the five rounds in it and a spare in my pockets
I put a zero power Vortex on mine sure helps old eyes and works great in this thicket.

Latest posts