is this a thing...side dump pickup bed?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I saw this truck parked at Loves Truck stop today and figured the other side would be all banged up but it wasn't.
A bunch of construction stuff in the back as I drove by it, but I did notice the fuel fill door was open but there was nothing inside it. Do they make some kind of kit to dump a pickup bed to the side and for what purpose?
What's the deal here?

anonymous photo sharing

Looks like it has oversized wheels and it's sitting lower than stock. I'd guess some 20 year old has shoved a linear actuator in there along with a set of door hinges to impress all their buddies.

At least it'd be easier to reach the cooler from that one side...

I'd bet they had to replace the fuel pump and popped the bed off to get to it. Didn't have enough time to get it back on properly before work? Who knows. People do stupid stuff all the time now. You're about 5 minutes from my in laws right there btw

5S Cattle":3rgrr3n1 said:
I'd bet they had to replace the fuel pump and popped the bed off to get to it. Didn't have enough time to get it back on properly before work? Who knows. People do stupid stuff all the time now. You're about 5 minutes from my in laws right there btw
The fuel pump repair scenario sounds reasonable.
That truckstop is about 6 miles from my house.

greybeard":1j3ntbfm said:
5S Cattle":1j3ntbfm said:
The fuel pump repair scenario sounds reasonable.
That truckstop is about 6 miles from my house.
Sounds like y'all are neighbors.

5S Cattle":1nz0i3y6 said:

Yep, I'd bet that is the situation.

greybeard":dn3q6wn9 said:
Depends which direction I am from your in-laws.
Leaving the trk stop, I turn left on FM2025 to go home
Them too. On Bowen loop. You know Robert and Liz Reynolds?

No, I don't know them, but I know Bowen Loop and most of the family that loop was named after.
Bowen Ln and tho I have it drawn too far south here, both the lane and Bowen Loop are really just accross the river from me.

greybeard":267lfnf6 said:
No, I don't know them, but I know Bowen Loop and most of the family that loop was named after.
Bowen Ln and tho I have it drawn too far south here, both the lane and Bowen Loop are really just accross the river from me.

Ah hell I drive by your place every time we go visit. That's the way I come in from brenham. The river is about 300 yards off their back porch in the forest

Latest posts