Is This a Minnesota Thing?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
This has always pi$$ed me off.
People that get their mail, from the rural mailbox.
OK, they pull over in the oncoming lane, so they can do it all from their car.
Today, this lady. [I've seen her do it before]
She is going South on a county blacktop, she pulls into the left lane to get the mail without leaving the car. She's good :nod: Fast :shock: but the traffic is coming from both ways. :help:
I'm coming on from a side road pulling up to the stop sign. The lady puts in reverse watching the trucks coming on the highway. I to put it in reverse to avoid her crashing into me. I lay on the horn, again I'm pi$$ed. Close call [I'm fast too :cowboy: ] she get out a little :? shocked.
I ask why don't you pull into your driveway and walk to get your mail?
She sez I'm just always in a hurry to get home.
I sez tha'st illegal and dangerous going against traffic like that.
I was nice :cboy: What I felt like saying is YOU STUPID @%$&()+@!@#% "F" BIT_CH YOU'R GOING TO KILL!!

This happened to me early this morning when I was going to pick up seedlings. This stupid woman did essentially the same thing but pulled out in front of me after she got her paper out of the box. She didn't even look! On top of that, it was dark and very foggy. She is going to kill herself or someone else. Last year the same lady was riding her mule on the highway with her kids onboard. She was all bundled up with a hood and all and never once looked back. I took it as long as I could and finally decided to just pass her. Well she just turns right in front of me to pull into a driveway and never once looked. Speed limit is 55. What an idiot. I told her she was going to get herself and her kids killed. She looked at me like I was an a$$hole.

Summer time I grab the mail on my way back from a run. But winter and the cold, I drive the mile. Am guilty of that mnmt :oops: but to be honest we have no traffic and I think I have maybe come a cross 2 vehicles in the last month when I have gone to get the mail.

I do however think that you are totally stupid and jeapordizing everyone's live if doing what that lady is ,that is not right and good for you for biting your tongue, you know tis the season and all..

Jo Jee,
riding her mule
was that a mule or a "mule".. :lol2:

It happens all over the country. Only difference is down south we ain't in neer the hurry you folk up north are so it don't make much difference down here. You are lucky that a bunch of southern folks ain't moved in up there, cause if we see somebody stopped getting there mail we will have to stop and visit with them. :p :p

I am quilty of this also because the mailbox is 2 miles down the road but then again the only one that has been down my road all week is the feed truck and he was coming to my house

I almost ran over the mailman last yr tho he had backed into the neighbors drive to turn around and I was coming down the hill in the semi and he pulled right out in front of me ,good thing I was loaded or he would have been smashed

No big loss tho he isn't very friendly I think he is from up North some where

hillsdown":3ub55rpa said:
Summer time I grab the mail on my way back from a run. But winter and the cold, I drive the mile. Am guilty of that mnmt :oops: but to be honest we have no traffic and I think I have maybe come a cross 2 vehicles in the last month when I have gone to get the mail.

I do however think that you are totally stupid and jeapordizing everyone's live if doing what that lady is ,that is not right and good for you for biting your tongue, you know tis the season and all..

Jo Jee,
riding her mule
was that a mule or a "mule".. :lol2:

It was one of those Kawasaki mules. Heck the fat b###### would break the back of a live mule. I really think a stroll to the mailbox would be a lot better for her than her normal strolls to the ice box. Sorry, it is the season but she makes me mad.

mnmtranching":2dg9g4bn said:
This has always pi$$ed me off.
People that get their mail, from the rural mailbox.
OK, they pull over in the oncoming lane, so they can do it all from their car.
Today, this lady. [I've seen her do it before]
She is going South on a county blacktop, she pulls into the left lane to get the mail without leaving the car. She's good :nod: Fast :shock: but the traffic is coming from both ways. :help:
I'm coming on from a side road pulling up to the stop sign. The lady puts in reverse watching the trucks coming on the highway. I to put it in reverse to avoid her crashing into me. I lay on the horn, again I'm pi$$ed. Close call [I'm fast too :cowboy: ] she get out a little :? shocked.
I ask why don't you pull into your driveway and walk to get your mail?
She sez I'm just always in a hurry to get home.
I sez tha'st illegal and dangerous going against traffic like that.
I was nice :cboy: What I felt like saying is YOU STUPID @%$&()+@!@#% "F" BIT_CH YOU'R GOING TO KILL!!

OMG, I can't believe this. I was going to the gym this evening and the exact same thing happened to me on State Hwy. 67! AND, this woman in her Lincoln SUV sat there and went thru her mail!!!

Alice

Alright I'm guilty of pulling across our county gravel road to get our mail. I look both especially during planting and harvest time. Never know when a cousin or custom cutter is coming down the road driving like their tail is on fire.
Did almost get a neighbor one time. Had a letter I was waiting for and was doing a quick glance through and here she came driving with a lead foot around a sharp corner. Oh s**t! Figured we were both at fault on that one.

Had fun once. Had an unknown truck following me. I pulled over to get my mail and they stopped right behind me. No idea who they were or why they stopped. I got out walked around the front of my truck got our mail. Looked at them like they were idiots and since I didn't know what they would do I just went through my mail til they pulled out and went around. Just turned left and went home shaking my head. There was no oncoming traffic so they had no reason to stop behind me.

I'll do you one better.

Stopped a couple years ago and walked across the road to our mailbox. Neighbor came walking down to the box to chew the fat. We'd been standing there talking for a few minutes when I noticed his "cigarette" smelled a bit funny, he was smoking a joint.

Don't even get me started about the party I went to at their house...

cfpinz":31l5la5q said:
I'll do you one better.

Stopped a couple years ago and walked across the road to our mailbox. Neighbor came walking down to the box to chew the fat. We'd been standing there talking for a few minutes when I noticed his "cigarette" smelled a bit funny, he was smoking a joint.

:lol2: :lol2: Did you get their recipe for brownies? :lol2:

cfpinz":3nqi2izj said:
I'll do you one better.

LMFAO, good one cfpinz.. :lol: :lol2: :cowboy:

Happens here ALL the time. Quite a risk some folks take with a snowplow barreling at them. :nod:

cfpinz":1oke6agq said:

This explains everything about that little Christmas jingle of yours. Got yourself quite an imagination there don't ya Pinz! :santa:

MistyMorning":f04qznga said:
cfpinz":f04qznga said:

This explains everything about that little Christmas jingle of yours. Got yourself quite an imagination there don't ya Pinz! :santa:

It was actually a 4th of July party. All I'll say is it involved some raw deer kabobs, some hippies straight out of Woodstock and a lot of weird smelling left-handed cigs. Couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Best neighbors we've got!

Latest posts