Is this a great country or what??

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Just returned from a couple weeks of traveling for my job. Drove from Kansas City to Gillette, Wyoming for the National Corriente show. West across Nebraska, taking in the sandhills, the scenic Platte River and its branches, then veered north into South Dakota stopping at a ranch on the edge of the Black Hills. Beautiful country! Before we went into Gillette, we detoured to Mount Rushmore. It was a "proud to be an American" moment to see that. Then spent a few days at the show where the weather was cold and the wind was fierce but nobody let it get them down. It was a good show this year, the judges all commented on the consistency and quality of the cattle and the awards were spread around pretty well. We started for home east across South Dakota, they must have had a good growing season as it was an ocean of waving grass. We stopped by Wall Drug. Talk about making something out of nothing! Then home for a couple days and off again to Alabama for a convention of gun collectors. "Southern hospitality" is not a myth, all the people we ran into were extremely friendly and kind. And I guess you know for sure you are in the South when the breakfast buffet includes both grits and fried chicken! Every time I travel, it reminds me what a wonderful piece of real estate America is, and how good most of the people are.
No offense to the international members, I'm sure they feel the same way about their country.

No offense to the international members

None taken! I have great memories of road trips I've done in the States. Spectacular scenery and friendly hospitable people. The United States cops a hammering on the global stage for it's foreign and domestic policies. But our experiences whenever we've been there have only been positive. We've always found the people warm and genuine. Nothing like the stereotype the extreme left wing media presents.

You should be proud of your country

Andrew

MO_cows":2uusy7co said:
Just returned from a couple weeks of traveling for my job. Drove from Kansas City to Gillette, Wyoming for the National Corriente show. West across Nebraska, taking in the sandhills, the scenic Platte River and its branches, then veered north into South Dakota stopping at a ranch on the edge of the Black Hills. Beautiful country! Before we went into Gillette, we detoured to Mount Rushmore. It was a "proud to be an American" moment to see that. Then spent a few days at the show where the weather was cold and the wind was fierce but nobody let it get them down. It was a good show this year, the judges all commented on the consistency and quality of the cattle and the awards were spread around pretty well. We started for home east across South Dakota, they must have had a good growing season as it was an ocean of waving grass. We stopped by Wall Drug. Talk about making something out of nothing! Then home for a couple days and off again to Alabama for a convention of gun collectors. "Southern hospitality" is not a myth, all the people we ran into were extremely friendly and kind. And I guess you know for sure you are in the South when the breakfast buffet includes both grits and fried chicken! Every time I travel, it reminds me what a wonderful piece of real estate America is, and how good most of the people are.
No offense to the international members, I'm sure they feel the same way about their country.

It's a great country. We've lived in several and they all had their charms, but this one is home. Enjoy your travels. :)

I just read about a town voted the best place to live in the world. It's in Equador on the equator at 8000 ft elevation in the Andes.

Hey Mo cow have you every been to Tulsa Ok. to wantermakers ( spelling is not correct) gun show? In mar and Oct. , never see anything like it ....13 ac of gun folks...It is worth going, of course It cost me a couple of 1000$ every time....Held at fairground in expo building...Has and one been there other than me?