Is this a decent deal

Help Support CattleToday:

F350

Reaction score
Looking at some registered gray brahman heifers (bred). They seem like good functional animals, the problem is the price. The owner wants $2500.00 a head for them and seems set on it. Is it just me or does this seems high? They are registered, but I'm sure they didn't come out of a top JDH pen....

$2500 for reg brimmer bred heifers does seem a tad high.i bet you can find reg heifers cheaper.

Depends on the quality of the cattle and how many you are planning to buy.

We are looking for a registered heifer for our daughter to show. I can tell you that if you want a top quality heifer, it will cost more $2500.

chippie":v52c34le said:
Depends on the quality of the cattle and how many you are planning to buy.

We are looking for a registered heifer for our daughter to show. I can tell you that if you want a top quality heifer, it will cost more $2500.
i know where you can get some nice reg beefmaster show heifers.an they are priced from $1500 to $2500.an no they arnt my heifers.

F350":2giuyizx said:
Looking at some registered gray brahman heifers (bred). They seem like good functional animals, the problem is the price. The owner wants $2500.00 a head for them and seems set on it. Is it just me or does this seems high? They are registered, but I'm sure they didn't come out of a top JDH pen....
2 weeks ago good quality, open, purebred, non-registered, yearling bremmer heifers were bringing $2000 at the sale barn. Kallion Farms was getting $3000 + for bred heifers (JDH genetics) at their last sale about a month ago.
If you want to start with a good quality Brahman then I would advise finding a smaller breeder that uses high quality animals. You can usually buy 8+ yr. olds, proven bred cows, cheaper than heifers. Especially when you compare them with Hudgens or V8 prices.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to negotiate the prices. I'll look into cows and 3n1's as well.

Latest posts